Engine Light On After Coil Pack Replaced

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Hi again guys

I have just had to replace a coil pack on my LCR210 after I started to get really lumpy power yesterday. In desperation I went to a nearby car parts place that isn't the cheapest by a long shot, but normally carries one of pretty much everything.

So, I bought and today fitted an Era coilpack which has resolved this issue, but I now have a constantly lit engine light, whereas it was flashing on the other coil pack. I did disconnect something (I don't know what it is) that is on a bracket above two of the cylinders, but I have reconnected it (checked a couple of times too) and the light is still on.

Just did a run to fill up and the car felt better than it has in all the time I've owned it (all of three months) so I think that coil pack has been on its way out since I bought the car, but what is this light for? I might be able to get it on VAG-COM, but not for a few days, and I'd rather not leave it. Any ideas?

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
you disconnected the n249 vac resorvoir... i take it it was coilpack on cylinder 4 that went?

disconnect the negative terminal on battery for half hour, this will clear the light for you mate. but if theres anothe rissue it willcome back.

make sure you have the radio code handy though afterwards.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I replaced the coil pack in cylinder 3 (I assume you count from left to right?). The bracket goes over this one coil pack. There is something over the fourth which is attached to this bracket. This is what mine looks like:

17072009319.jpg

The bit that I disconnected is connected to the grey part to the right of the middle of the picture.

I had to remove the battery a couple of months back after I got the car and ended up locking the radio. I've only just had it unlocked a couple of weeks ago. I hope the code that they recorded is correct now!

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
if the car runs fine now, reset the ecu to clear the code..... it will go away and shouldnt come back if no more faults.

you either disconnected the n249 or the n75 which is the boost control valve. when disconnected the ecu will recognise a fault and throw a light, if it was reconnected the same, then the light will just need resetting matey.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Just gotten around to it. At first the light was still on but then I remembered that I hadn't left the battery disconnected for long enough, so I used the 'speedy method'; remove both leads, turn the ignitiion (to drain the system) and then hold both cables together for a minute. Reconnect and voila, car fixed.

Thanks again

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise