engine light on and fast tickover

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
I tried a search of two but to avail, I had my engine management light come on last night and now won't go away? but now I seem to get my tickover rising to about 2000rpm then settles down but come back again this morning, anyone have any ideas what could be wrong

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Yes mate this happened to mine! revs go right up to 2000 but when you tap the accelerator the revs drop again! Took it to dealers and got it fixed under warranty, it was the temperature sensor that had gone!

HTH

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You can plug my laptop into see what faults are logged, that'll be the easiest way (drop me an email - I'm out all day)

SkidPanD

Sep 3, 2004
Yeah, mines got the same problem. I think it's code 1296 coolant temperature sensor fault.....it needs a new one basically.

It did come up when I still had warranty - Colliers in Brum replaced the trottle body (?) and the coolant pump (without changing the cambelt). Everything was a-ok for about 6 months then it came on again.

Shouldn't cost more than £60 for a dealer to fix though.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
I have just had this happen this evening. It did the fast tickover thing then after leaving the car for about 10 minutes started it again. Although the management light stayed on the tickover seems now to have gone back to normal.

It's going into the dealers next week but what I basically want to know is am I ok to carry on driving it until then as we only have the one car and really rely on it.

Thanks

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
jetsetjimbo said:
I have just had this happen this evening. It did the fast tickover thing then after leaving the car for about 10 minutes started it again. Although the management light stayed on the tickover seems now to have gone back to normal.

It's going into the dealers next week but what I basically want to know is am I ok to carry on driving it until then as we only have the one car and really rely on it.

Thanks

If this is the same problem then it should be ok to use with no lasting damage but if it's not the same problem, this could cause more damage!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise