Engine Management caused by stall

RJ2DJ

Rather embrassingly I stalled in spectacular fashion this afternoon. Apart from being mortifyingly embrassing it also seems to have caused a problem. Here's what happened:

I incorrectly selected 3rd and tried to pull away and the car stalled quite heavily, I restarted the engine and the engine management light stayed on.

About 30 seconds later the oil light started flashing red so I pulled over, stopped, opened the bonnet and checked the oil levels - which were fine. I restarted the car and the oil light went off.

However, the engine management light has been on ever since. The car appears to be behaving completely normally, but my local stealer has said I should get a diagnostic test for £75+VAT. I'm a bit skint at the moment and can't really afford that - can anyone think why the light has come on as a result of the stall - as I'm 99% certain that it's not a coincidence.

Obviously I don't want to run the risk of damaging the car further, but equally can't really afford the diagnostic test right now.

RJ2DJ

I'm in the Bath/Chippenham area.

Is it *ever* the case that the light is on for no reason at all?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
the engine management light means a fault has been logged.

the oil light... this on the temp gauge or the warning cluster as in flashing oil can?

you could try disconnecting the battery for 10mins as it will reset the ecu. make sure you have the radio code though.

if the lights still on or comes back you need to find a local with vagcom as said.

car running ok?

RJ2DJ

the oil light was a flashing one (the can), but it went out as soon as I stopped the car and restarted. No reoccurence of that light at all.

The car appears to be runnning completely as normal.

I have currently disconnected the battery - 2 hours was mentioned in another thread not 10min?! It's been disconnected for an hour so far.

Re: The radio code - see my other thread on here - complete disaster at the moment, so can't possibly make it any worse! :p

RJ2DJ

Good news - leaving the battery disconnected for just over 2 hours cleared the light.

Thanks for the input. I'm a lot less worried now! Strange what an orange light does to your nerves..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise