Engine management light & power loss

ferraris

Took the car (Leon TDI Cupra) out this morning (it had been in the garage all weekend) and felt a definite lack of power. This was confirmed 10 minutes later climbing a slight hill as it struggled up in the hill in fourth at 50-60. Also then noticed the engine management light was on.

Turned round and went to the dealers who had it for an hour but couldn't identify a problem but said I needed to book it in (so have done for tomorrow).

What do the experts on here reckon? It's a 60+ mile drive each way to work so I assume I'm not damaging it today?

Simon

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
if the engine has not lost a coil pack (you would notice they sound, drive and smell horrible) then next likely cause id a dead MAF, which wont cause you problems over a 60 mile run.

if you drove it with dead coilpacks, that would be more of a problem, but i would hope the dealer would of noticed a dead coil straight away

ferraris

Well the garage reckons it the N75 value or the turbo according to the diagnostics so they've had to order the parts.

ferraris

It struggles, fairly quick to begin with then seems to hit a peak when it just accelerates very slowly past that point.

It does seem like there's no turbo which is essentially what the garage are reporting as they say the n75 value tells the turbo when to kick in but it doesn't.

:shrug:

Simon

Rob.c

Engine managment light flashing

The same thing happend to me whilst driving on the motorway. I had been stuck in traffic and began to pull away when I noticed the engine managment light flashing then the car felt and sounded really rough.
Didnt drive after that wasnt sure what damage it might cause. Got towed to Dubsport who thought if was either the coil pack or the Lambada sensor (something like that) turns out it needed a new coil pack now its running like a dream. Thanks Dubsport!

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.