engine misfireing

burkey

if i drive my car like a pansy its alrite but if i put the boot down it jus misfires and splutters up the revs i.ve changed plugs and leads and the coil pack its only got a new distributor aswell so any help would b gratefully apprectiated

skwaggles

vtr btr :)
Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
hi mate. has the timing been set up properly when the dizzy was done. might be worth a full timing check. also clean the throttle body with some carb cleaner. wouldn't hurt to spray inside the inlet manifold too. lastly check the hoses coming off of the cam cover. clean these out if there built up with crap.

burkey

i bought the car and its was perfect der was a new distributor and i've changed the plugs and leads could it b dat the distributor is da wrong 1

elcristoff

Cupra Sport ****yeah!
Apr 8, 2009
Portsmouth
What years the car dude? Sounds like a problem with the airflow, if its spluttering through the rev range, try what Skwaggles said and clean throttle body/ inlet manifold.

skwaggles

Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
mine spluttered throughout the rev range and hit the redline at 5000rpm. try cleaning everything first but i'd say its probably the timing. mine was way off thanks to a bodged cambelt change.

burkey

dats wat mine is like redlineing at 5000rpm is it a big job gettin it fixed da car is a 98

skwaggles

Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
typically its about £100 - £150 for a cambelt change and they can do timing when they do that. defo worth it. mine ran like a bag of :censored: now runs like new

iCupra

i paid £120 to have the cambelt, water pump and other belt replaced. i got a mobile mechanic mate i use.

WOW! if i can get it for that sort of money i might get mine done! the receipt i got with the history doesn't state the mileage or age when it was done! i was gonna risk it but for £150 i will just get it done.

i dont suppose he will travel to brighton will he?

skwaggles

Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
will pm you his number etc. probs best to ask him as i don't know how far he travels out. i know he'd do it if you brought it to him and then could prob gaurantee the price staying at £120.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise