Error start/stop system and glow plug light flashing

JohnnyR1Red

Jun 13, 2009
After cleaning my wheels and callipers yesterday (which involved going forward and reverse multiples times) I noticed the glow plug flashing and the start/stop error. I also noticed my rear LED running lights were not on when lights are in the off position, the fronts are on though. The rear lights work when I turn them on using the switch.

Is this linked? I know this is a stupid but the rear lights should be on all the time, right? I’m sure they should be but I’m now doubting myself as it makes no sense that they work when I use the switch.

Can someone with a FR technology pack 2015 please confirm that both the front and rear LEDs are on when the light switch is in the off position 😂

Anyone had this experience before?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Pre-FL cars rear lights are not set as daytime running lights (DRLs), and are switched on via switch or auto settings.

FL cars (from 2017 onwards) have front and rear DRLs.

The rear DRLs can be coded to pre-FL cars though using VCDS, OBD11 etc.

My pre-FL FR had the same glow plug light flashing, stop start failure after the battery control module failed.

JohnnyR1Red

Jun 13, 2009
Pre-FL cars rear lights are not set as daytime running lights (DRLs), and are switched on via switch or auto settings.

FL cars (from 2017 onwards) have front and rear DRLs.

The rear DRLs can be coded to pre-FL cars though using VCDS, OBD11 etc.

My pre-FL FR had the same glow plug light flashing, stop start failure after the battery control module failed.
Cheers mate, how much did it cost to fix?

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Flashing glow plug is likely to be dpf regen fail. Take it for a run for 30mins. Stopstart won't operate while regen is being attempted

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members