"Error tyre pressure monitoring system"

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
As per the title I've had this warning on my 2016 184 FR.
I had the tyres changed yesterday and reset the pressures then the warning came up today. Reset it again and it came on during another journey. I have now reset it again to see how it goes.

Has anybody had this error before?

I can't see how changing the tyres could effect this as i thought the Leon uses the ABS sensor, not separate sensors in each tyre to monitor the pressures.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
If you've fitted a different make the rolling radius can be different meaning the abs reads a fault, also tyrefitters don’t always take too much care when setting pressures, reset them all from cold and set the warning again to see if this cures?

Reactions: Mr Pig

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Also, you might now have a slow leak from one of these tyres, so the system is correct, as above, always check all the tyre pressures when they are cold, then reset the TPMS, just resetting the TPMS and doing nothing else is never a good plan.

Reactions: Walone and Mr Pig
Oct 6, 2019
This happened to me, I think the sensor was reading a wrong pressure from one of the tyres. Before driving the car, I got a 12v pump and in the morning filled the air in the tyres to spec and reset the system and it hasnt had a fault so far. I suggest you try this first and if the problem happens again I would take it to a decent fitters and see if there is an air leak or one of the sensors has been damaged and giving a false reading.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
... would take it to a decent fitters and see if there is an air leak or one of the sensors has been damaged and giving a false reading.

The Leon hasn't got sensors, it's not that clever. It works off the ABS. Compares rotational speeds of each wheel on an axle and if one's faster it concludes it has lost air.

Limited in that it does not know the actual pressures and if both tyres on an axle loose air at a similar rate it won't pick up on it.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
The abs system is a better system in my mind, at Kia I kept two sets of Tpms sensors in stock, and use some on a weekly basis, they could fail, get damaged or break when clumsy tyre fitters got near, also the sensor reading system in the car is a variable,

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.