Essential Cupra upgrades?

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
Right, so the recirc Bov is a definite no go? In regards to the cone, bigger the better? Any recommendations? Also I have seen about relocating valve can anyone explain this me? Sorry for all the questions just like to know what everything does :D

Marcus_550

Feb 7, 2013
Stockton On Tees
depends on budget i guess, some people go for a eBay cone, some go for higher priced ones like jr and jetex, i moved my battery in boot and put a huge ram air one in and noticed a good bit of difference like

waiting on my heat shield to be built then ill tidy it all up, putting the valve from the hot side to the cold side, heard it prolongs the life of the valve and puts some colder air onto the engine sure someone who knows more will elaborate

Adjay

Sep 5, 2011
Donegal,ireland
I have the relocation kit on mine. At the moment its a good mod. Instead of hot air from the turbo it gets the cold air from the intercooler side.

Lowe

Jan 8, 2012
Newcastle Under Lyme
Good advice, car is currently undergoing a near rebuild where cam belt has been changed, along with thermostat and water pump, head gasket and head is being checked also. The previous owner or garage had filled it up with gasket repair which has in turn cost me a lot a money to say i'm annoyed is putting it lightly..

tyres are good all round, haven't checked callipers but I will ask the garage to check! not sure about suspension allinment, is it costly? budget is rather low until new year now:thumbd:

I saw the news about the head gasket after I'd hit post. I feel your pain mate, I went through a similar thing with my TDI recently. How long have you had the car again? If you bought from a dealer you may have some recourse...

Re. tyres, it's not all about the tread - it's about what they are. Brand new Wingwong ditch finder specials aren't going to help you deploy or reign in 200bhp all that well. It's the only point of contact with the ground and is one area you shouldn't really skimp on. Food for thought. :)

Suspension alignment on a Hunter machine is about 100 quid. Not cheap compared to a 35 quid basic tracking, but it'll highlight if there's any problems and can transform how a car drives.

If you're considering a cone filter, before you blow serious wedge on one, go pick up a standard Honda S2000 2.0l air filter. Costs about 13 quid and is more than sufficient. :)

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
Had the car just over a month, bought privately from a guy up in Scotland, I live in Essex so don't think I'll be driving back up there to try haggle any money back lol. Head being skimmed today so hopefully will b abit quicker when she's finally back up and running! :p Unfortunate but they are machines at the end of the day, do go wrong! At least I'll have some reassurances everything's done correctly and I can start mod's without a worry at the back of my mind!

Not sure make of tyre (can't check yet) but I think they are half decent! Will look into getting suspension checked, would like to eventually move over to some coilys!

In regards to the air filter, perhaps a piper cross panel filter for now, less heat soak as well I heard so better boost?:D

Will continue cheap cosmetics and little engine mods (boost gauge, hoses etc..) until my bank is in a stat of panic atm haha :rofl:

Have you heard of prosport evo boost gauge? Really
Like the look and for £40-£50 doesn't seem a bad little mod

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
I have the relocation kit on mine. At the moment its a good mod. Instead of hot air from the turbo it gets the cold air from the intercooler side.

I have seen that kit on demon tweeks before! Looks pretty sweet, is relocating a hard task? Or something I'd b able to do on a weekend? Mechanical ability probably about a 4/5 outa 10 lol

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
depends on budget i guess, some people go for a eBay cone, some go for higher priced ones like jr and jetex, i moved my battery in boot and put a huge ram air one in and noticed a good bit of difference like

waiting on my heat shield to be built then ill tidy it all up, putting the valve from the hot side to the cold side, heard it prolongs the life of the valve and puts some colder air onto the engine sure someone who knows more will elaborate

Woh![B)] that looks sweet!! How does the turbo sound with this setup? I'd love to hear my turbo flutter/chatter and all that good stuff!!

Plus how difficult was the battery to relocate into the boot? Can imagine I wasn't the easiest of tasks!

Last edited:

Lowe

Jan 8, 2012
Newcastle Under Lyme
Initial air temperature is the least of your issues given the air will be compressed through a turbo that's several hundred degrees C hot. That's why we have an intercooler. :D

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
Good point, scrap that then... So a nice big filter or cold induction kit, updated Intercooler pipe and tip and I should have some nice noises and better boost?:D

Hey dude,

I fitted a RamAir Filter last night and the sound is awesome, constantly fluttering when letting off (check out videos on my readers ride).

I bought the filter from ebay, its the 70mm aluminium based RamAir filter for £30.
I also bought a 70mm silicone joiner in white from Boost Junkies, the filter sits on the bottom half of the airbox so the cold air feed still applys :D

I also remove the bonnet sound proofing for extra air flow and noise :)

Stage 2 is worth going for btw, 250bhp is possible.

I'm going for the full milltek turbo back system (as I like it), its not too expensive really.

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
Hey dude,

I fitted a RamAir Filter last night and the sound is awesome, constantly fluttering when letting off (check out videos on my readers ride).

I bought the filter from ebay, its the 70mm aluminium based RamAir filter for £30.
I also bought a 70mm silicone joiner in white from Boost Junkies, the filter sits on the bottom half of the airbox so the cold air feed still applys :D

I also remove the bonnet sound proofing for extra air flow and noise :)

Stage 2 is worth going for btw, 250bhp is possible.

I'm going for the full milltek turbo back system (as I like it), its not too expensive really.

Yo, watched the video's... Sound f:censored:king sweet!!!!

Will defiantly have a think about this set up as that sounded so good!
I want to go for stage 2.. Is it worth getting stage 1 first or just wait a little while and go straight to stage 2?

I agree I do like Milltek, they are so raspy but if I can get the same sort of sound, as much popping and for cheaper that sounds quite appealing haha

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
Can't really speak too much about the 1.8T's given I drive an oil burner. But the TDI intake/lower airbox with an S2000 filter gets plenty of cold air. :)

Gee, have a read of this:

http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=318797

Might give you a few ideas - remember it's only 15 quid for the filter. :)

Had a read! Doesn't sound like a bad idea and in the mean time whilst I'm skint haha I think this is a good idea!! When the garage finally let my have my Bee back I will give it ago!!
Love all the turbo woooosh noises!! Shame I can't a vrooooooom tshhh woootototo (that a bov and turbo flutter for those wondering what the hell that was haha)

Marcus_550

Feb 7, 2013
Stockton On Tees
Unfortunately my exhaust is almost straight through bar a little silencer in the middle but you can hear the turbo and spool up when in a higher gear, battery to the boot was a little bit of a ball ache but its worth it for a huge filter also its easier to access stuff if u like to work on the engine, anyway my mic on the camera is pretty poor and also it was to dark to get a decent run but heres a couple of vids anyway

http://youtu.be/p-N-K77fwyg

http://youtu.be/JzBd2_aDRyw

Gee

Jan 31, 2014
Essex
Hello Gents!

Today hopefully is the day my Bee returns from the dead! (fingers crossed)
They are running final diagnostics and tests to make sure she's ready but hopefully i'll have her back
in time for my birthday (Tomorrow)

I managed to persuade my sister to get me the Ramair filter we've been disguising, 70mm Neck,
Can you please help me with what hose is will need to fit this? Perhaps a link to the right one?

Thanks guys!

Marcus_550

Feb 7, 2013
Stockton On Tees
yeh that silicone pipe should do, what size filter have you got cos they come in quite a few different sizes, talking bout the whole size of the filter, mines 70mm neck but bought the largest i could get, i had to move the battery, there was no way of it going in without rubbing on everything

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.