Eventuri Intake Install Question

CairoCupra

Jun 28, 2020
instagram.com
Just got this piece of kit in the mail, mega excited to install it already but I can’t seem to find any install videos for a Leon/Cupra 5f.

Only looking for a video to figure out if I need to drill like for the red scoop like VW GTI cars to increase the airflow or is the 5F Cupra like the Audi S3 and does not need the scoop?

The guide from Eventuri mentions the GTI & the S3 but no word on the 5F Cupra.

2f332c54a686770df6494a03a1677b2d.jpg

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Oooooo bet that wasnt cheap, some reaserch has gone into them bad boys to be made, i watched a pod cast on youtube about the guy explaining

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CairoCupra

CairoCupra

Jun 28, 2020
instagram.com
Oooooo bet that wasnt cheap, some reaserch has gone into them bad boys to be made, i watched a pod cast on youtube about the guy explaining

Pass me the link! Haha
I installed it couldn’t bring myself to drill into the car, thinking if reaching out to them directly and asking to see if the power will be any different on a cupra if the drilling is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
I believe this is the podcast inwas watching
The full versions is available on the channel
Ahh just drill it, its part of the venturi effect I'm saying

LoGiC_91

Mar 6, 2021
Sweden
Just got this piece of kit in the mail, mega excited to install it already but I can’t seem to find any install videos for a Leon/Cupra 5f.

Only looking for a video to figure out if I need to drill like for the red scoop like VW GTI cars to increase the airflow or is the 5F Cupra like the Audi S3 and does not need the scoop?

Hi there. I have the same type of kit installed on my 2016 Cupra 290 and it is absolutely awesome! I can confirm that you don't need the scoop, it's enough with the air filter itself, the air flow guide (taking air from outside into the air filter) and the black metal sheet

LoGiC_91

Mar 6, 2021
Sweden

Here are 2 photos from my setup.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 182

CairoCupra

Jun 28, 2020
instagram.com
Here are 2 photos from my setup.
Thank you so much!! this really helped put my mind at ease.
I installed it last night and it's honestly so cool and the noise is insane.

I was wondering if you also needed a washer when bolting the left most bolt on the long black metal piece? I ended up needing one and which made me think I was doing something wrong.

Below is a photo of my install, let me know if it looks right to you if possible

Attachments

• IMG_3647.jpg
    IMG_3647.jpg
    958.7 KB · Views: 263

LoGiC_91

Mar 6, 2021
Sweden
Thank you so much!! this really helped put my mind at ease.
I installed it last night and it's honestly so cool and the noise is insane.

I was wondering if you also needed a washer when bolting the left most bolt on the long black metal piece? I ended up needing one and which made me think I was doing something wrong.

Below is a photo of my install, let me know if it looks right to you if possible
My pleasure mate. Your install looks clean! I know which screw you're talking about and yes it needs a washer as there is nothing for it to seat on otherwise. Enjoy it! You should notice (at least I did on the Cupra 290) that your exhaust note has become slightly louder if you listen carefully which is super cool :D (more flow in, more out - Stock exhaust can handle the mod). Lastly, just want to say that your filter housing will move a bit during driving, and that's nothing to worry about should you open the hood and find it slightly misaligned one day.

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
I installed some eventuri-like scoops, check my install here. No cutting or drilling needed, just 4 small holes so the screws would catch.

Last edited:

CairoCupra

Jun 28, 2020
instagram.com
I installed some eventuri-like scoops, check my install here. No cutting or drilling needed, just 4 small holes so the screws would catch.
this is MEGA helpful! thank you so much, I'll see if I have the heart to drill haha, definitely contemplating it.
My pleasure mate. Your install looks clean! I know which screw you're talking about and yes it needs a washer as there is nothing for it to seat on otherwise. Enjoy it! You should notice (at least I did on the Cupra 290) that your exhaust note has become slightly louder if you listen carefully which is super cool :D (more flow in, more out - Stock exhaust can handle the mod). Lastly, just want to say that your filter housing will move a bit during driving, and that's nothing to worry about should you open the hood and find it slightly misaligned one day.
Thank you so much for all the info, you literally answered every question I have and put my mind at ease, really appreciate it.
I was wondering if you can share a video sound check of yours? I feel like I can't hear it sometimes haha. no hassle, only if convenient.

CairoCupra

Jun 28, 2020
instagram.com
Update:
Ended up installing the red piece,
Was very straightforward, just needed to trim a little off the plastic inner pyramid looking part so it sits nicely. Was very easy and clean to shave off with a utility knife.

Pictured below
3F1E1F1F-93BF-4A4A-BE9B-81DD46AEA576.jpeg

And here is a photo of how it looks from the grill.
we opted to bend it ever so slightly so it sits inside and not sit one the grill inlets.
60A16789-C20B-45EE-B766-BAB636C2BE7C.jpeg

Hopefully this ends up helping someone else someday.
Cheers guys and thank you for all the input! Appreciate it.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.