Everything going wrong at once

ski_tzo

Nov 6, 2008
Newtownabbey, NI
Good Morning im hoping im not alone in being off today so i can get a pretty quick answer as I want to make a start today. Here goes...

Three weeks ago my car wouldnt start properly & the Engine management light came on so phoned the AA who came out swapped the leads about and diagnosed it was the ignition coil, easy job and that sorted it.

The engine management light came back on again a couple of days agao but without any symptoms at first, (ideally I should have left my car alone till i got it looked at but my mum went back into hospital yestreday so had 2 do alot of driving about) then yesterday i got the same problems starting and it sounds like its only going on 3 cylinders and kept cutting out. I left it a while and it started fine.

Then whilst trying to get out again the mechanism snapped in the interior door handle and my drivers window is also playing up so couldnt open it to get out! On top of this i also slid on ice and have knocked my alignment out last night :cry:

So the main points of this ramble is:

- Does anyone know how I would know if its the coil pack again before i go buy another one as the dealer has said its not common in the MK3 for these to go so often

- Is there anything (other than the cold i suppose) that would make the coil pack pack up?

- Is the proceedure for accessing the door handle the same as the one for respraying the black plastic bits?

Many Thanks

tommy2008cupra

well the dealers were.......lieing lol sounds like another coil has gone if you only replaced one i would recommend replacing them all realistically, also as for the door handle yes you need to remove the black plastic bits and two screws in the door and it should pop off

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Is it a cupra?

If not id replace the coil, leads and spark plugs.... replace the spark plugs anyway if its a cupra.

(when this happened to me, I replaced all coils)

Check the wiring to the coil / coils.

Yes the door handle can be accessed the same way you remove the plastics for spraying, unscrew the lock pin at the top of the door card, unscrew the two inner screws and pop off the door card, its pretty self explanatory from there onwards.

daves ibiza

not having a good start . as tommy said mate no point replacing 1 coil pack do them all ect . as for door handle mine snapped in my last car nightmare dealers wants 35 bucks for new one so i made one myself . hope you get sorted mate

ski_tzo

Nov 6, 2008
Newtownabbey, NI
I got a better look at the handle last night, the handle appears fine, but there is a hole in the handle where by the looks of it something should be attached. is it a new cable or something i need then?

Also the EML has now gone out without me doing anything so must have been the cold

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.