EXEO questions for a newbie!

May 22, 2019
Hi gents,

I'm currently in the market for a Exeo ST as it ticks all the boxes for my budget! Unfortunately I haven't quite found the ideal one as i'm a bit picky on the spec.

I've a few questions if someone could help?:
  1. Is there an easy way to tell if an Exeo is actually the 170bhp version and not the 143bhp, as I see a lot of the SE models referred to as 170's but I thought only the ST came in 170?
  2. Did all ST editions come with leather seats?
  3. What optional extras were available on the ST's? Was it just heated seats + sunroofs or were there any others?
  4. What sort of figures can you get with remapping them and is it worth it?
  5. Can the DRL lights found on 2012+ models be retrofitted to previous models?
If anyone knows of a nice estate for sale with sub 100k mileage, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!
Patrick

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
I can help with a couple of Q's

I own a 59 ST Sport which has cloth seats
the 170's have bigger brakes on the F&R the fronts are 312mm discs not sure on rears
I think the wing badge on 170's is all red mines a 143 so has a chrome T Red D & Red I
I don't know if anyone has successfully retrofitted the DRL's to an early model certainly been discussed on here but I don't thin anyone has done it you can retrofit LED's on the rear as ive done it myself
170's can be either Saloon Or Estate

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
CR 170 models also have polished / chrome exhaust tips.

A remap will take the CR 170 from 170hp / 350Nm to 198hp / 420Nm.

Sport was available with cloth seats, with leather an option.

The Tech Pack added:

BOSE.
RNS-E.
Black leather.
PDC.
Color DIS.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Also, 170s have a side mounted intercooler behind each fog light, but 140s only have an intercooler behind the nearside. Unfortunately, you can't see these through the fog grilles and you can't see much under the bonnet.

If you go and look at one, easiest way is to look at the black "chassis plate" sticker on the drivers side of the bulkhead. 140 engine codes are CAGA & CJCA, whereas 170s are CAHA and CGLB. If you're on good terms with the local SEAT dealer or local branch of TPS, they can tell you the code if you give them the reg number.

You can get a 170 SE Lux which has the Sport wheels, xenons and optional leather, Bose, etc. Only available between 09 & 60 reg. If you can get a loaded Sport Tech I'd recommend it. I've owned both and the suspension feels no different, the gearing is the same but Bose is excellent and very hard to retrofit.

To clarify, ST is short for "Sport Tourer", estate to you and me. Sport Tech is a trim level.

My old 170 had Revo on it and I didn't notice much difference to be honest. I've had Revo on other cars and it was phenomenal so I'm convinced that car was broken. My current one feels faster than the old one and I know this one hasn't been remapped. On that note, don't buy the first Exeo you view. Try a few.

Regarding optional extras, have a look in the sticky links at the top of the forum, one has the launch options listed in it. As the years went by some of the options got dropped and nothing decent got added.

2012 LED xenons can only be fitted to a car with xenons. Headlight washers & auto levelling are compulsary with xenons and the correct bumper is £500+ from SEAT! If you do the upgrade you also need a new control module which is £500+ last time I checked. You can't buy them second hand, there's a choice of 8.

Keep an eye on Preloved, Facebook and Gumtree, there are bargains to be had. Also join the "UK Exeo Owners Club" closed Facebook Group so you can see members cars for sale (mods/admins, delete if inappropriate!) You are limiting yourself looking for sub 100k cars though, most of them were sold to reps and are on more than 100k now. Mine's on Google Street view 4 times, that's how little the previous owner used it. That said it was still on 110k when I got it. They are good quality cars so I wouldn't worry about finding one with less than 150k to be honest, and even if it does break, most of the parts are made by many companies which means prices are surprisingly low for a premium car. Just don't crash it, and don't buy an auto, those bits will cost you a fortune!

Good luck :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.