Exeo St

gadgetmaster

Nov 22, 2001
Sandy,Bedfordshire
Visit site
The wife picked up her new Exeo ST 170 about 5 weeks ago and first impresions where really positive,the car looks nice ,drives well and has loads of space for all the family.

Now she has done nearly 3000 miles in the car the car does not as smooth as i thought it would be,it seems to judder on startup from cold feels very lumpy until warmed up and the fuel economy is not as good as previous diesels we have driven.The car in general is great with lots of standard equipment like bluetooth,cruise control but one annoying thing is when you set the cruise control and sit back and relax there is know where to rest your right foot as there is no footrest for it which really bugs us,but hey there just my little gripes about the car.

The last car she had a Passat cc 170GT was hitting 45-50mpg on a run to work which is around a 80 mile round trip the Exeo is only hitting 40-42 mpg

So we are hoping that the next cars she has ordered is better than the Exeo.

1. Audi A3 Black Edition 20tdi 170 Auto Sportback gets in April
2.Seat Leon FR 20tdi 170 dsg ordered for July/August

I can't wait too get my Ibiza Bocanegra in june for a bit of fun for the summer.

Roll on Summer.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
I've noticed a huge difference in MPG in my Exeo, depending on the driving style I use.

On a long run (~230miles) cruising at 75-80mph, I can quote easily get an average of about 49-50mpg. However, on a daily commute to work (~13miles) half dual-carriageway doing 75mph, and the other half crawling in traffic at 15-20mph, I only see 38-40mpg.

I also find that if I use a heavy right foot on the accelerator, then mpg drops dramtically compared to 'driving Miss Daisy' ;)

Shaun_E

Nov 21, 2003
Berkshire
Visit site
I've never got more than 50mpg even on a long run at 70mph. Most motorway trips are around 47-48 and my 6 mile commute varies between 30 and 40 mpg depending on how leaden my right foot is! As above - enthusiastic use of the throttle soon dents the figures and the 170PS engine does encourage that. My average over the 4000 miles I've done in it is 40mpg - I am not known for a "driving Miss Daisy" style :whistle:- but that is a lot better than the 28mpg I averaged in my Leon FR TFSI.

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
I got 55mpg on my (36 mile) commute the other day.

My car had some clutch judder when I picked it up, but it seems to have gone now. I do find the feel of the longitudinal motor to be very different to transverse motors.

Lots of 30 and 40mph roads with some 60's. Can waft along with the slightest hint of throttle!

Conks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members