exhaust centre pipe

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
guys, looking at a blueflame rear box replacement as mine has blown, now the price is 170quid for rear box, 300 for cat back, 130 quid is steep for a silenced centre section imo.

i know lee69 has done tdi centre section which doesnt have a silencer in and he noticed quicker spool up times etc.

i have milltek dp and cat which is 2.5 inch, im assuming the blueflame would be 2.5 inch but the oem centre section would be 2 inch.... would this cause too much of a restriction?

also next question anyone had a custom 2.5inch centre section knocked up? if so how much was it

cheers

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
james, is it just a straight replacement pipe you need or will it require bends?

i am having a jetex back box put on mine on sat and will be removig the centre pipe with a stainless steel straight through jobbie, hopefully shouldnt cost too much from custom chrome racing (they make and fit aftermarket exhausts). have a look on their website for prices. i know there are some sportex racing pipes on ebay but think they are expensive being mild steel ones.

like on this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-00-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ced1a9035

contact the seller to if he has anymore if u want

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
guys, looking at a blueflame rear box replacement as mine has blown, now the price is 170quid for rear box, 300 for cat back, 130 quid is steep for a silenced centre section imo.

i know lee69 has done tdi centre section which doesnt have a silencer in and he noticed quicker spool up times etc.

i have milltek dp and cat which is 2.5 inch, im assuming the blueflame would be 2.5 inch but the oem centre section would be 2 inch.... would this cause too much of a restriction?

also next question anyone had a custom 2.5inch centre section knocked up? if so how much was it

cheers
Surely you have warrenty on the back box?
Don't step down in size after spending all the money of a bigger DP and back box
Stick with the 2.5" if you can

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I think its a standard back box on there now?

How long is the pipe on the blueflame back box?

Quite a few manufactures make the back box and centre section pipes different lengths so you can only fit there stuff..........you may find there is a massive gap inbetween the rearbox and centre section.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
Surely you have warrenty on the back box?
Don't step down in size after spending all the money of a bigger DP and back box
Stick with the 2.5" if you can

ment oem rearbox blown willie..

ill be sticking to cat back from same manufacturer anyways now.

just lee69 said it was a decent upgrade to use the tdi middle pipe

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
ive had a cat back custom made from a place in donny and it cost me 200 and thats with a back box and 2 and a half inch.also its 304 stainless steel