exhaust fitment

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Sounds good but i think i can get a custom stainless one done at a local powerflow dealer for less.

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
got an email today. saying that the exhaust was'nt in the UK depot. so will be ship from europe. like you said stu. i did like the way they told me. i dont mind waiting if im told whats going on. top marks. im happy and ive not even got it yet.

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
got my exhaust today heres a pic
19102007031.jpg

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
well hopefully the weather will be good and ill get it fitted tomorror. thats part one of the project. part two starts when i can track down a sprinter vent

Last edited:

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Looks good and they don't do any other tail pipe i asked, will look at getting mine prob around xmas.

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
Looks good and they don't do any other tail pipe i asked, will look at getting mine prob around xmas.

well thats may of been a computer glitch but it did say there was an oval pipe. any way having looked at the way the exhaust is put together i dont think you'll go far wrong getting a jetex one

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
No think i will, just got a few more important things to sort first like the completely rusted arch, anyone know how to shut the bloody tappets up to?

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
i found on mine that the heat shield at the back of the engine resonates and that some how made the tappy engine sound worst. it sounded better when i put some wiefht on it with a hammer. but ive no idea how to stop it,. not sure about taking it off.

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
I may have a look at that then as its only really when its under load, was looking at pic of your exhaust it wouldn't be too hard to have a different tailpipe welded on if i wanted to change it as its not fitted direct to the box.

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
i was looking at the system and think its probable just an ibiza sytem with a long pipe on the back box so it sticks out the back. maybe you could pick up a cheap ebay job and just get the tail pipe welded maybe:-o

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.