Exhaust help! Cupra 180 with tdi centre pipe

May 2, 2019
Hey all! New member here and fairly new to the world of Seat / turbos. I want to get my car to sound a bit meaner, not too loud but a bit deeper and after some research and asking around I found that the centre pipe from a mk1 TDI doesn't have a silencer box and is a straight fit, so I bought one, but I just want to know if it's a ball ache of a job and if anyone else has done this? If so does anyone have video of what it sounds like? Stock standard exhaust with standard back box, and cat. 1.8t cupra

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hey all! New member here and fairly new to the world of Seat / turbos. I want to get my car to sound a bit meaner, not too loud but a bit deeper and after some research and asking around I found that the centre pipe from a mk1 TDI doesn't have a silencer box and is a straight fit, so I bought one, but I just want to know if it's a ball ache of a job and if anyone else has done this? If so does anyone have video of what it sounds like? Stock standard exhaust with standard back box, and cat. 1.8t cupra
Its not too hard, if its bolt off bolt on it's like 4 bolts and a few hangers. If its cut and weld then it's harder, you'll need a saw, and a welder. The resonator delete isn't that much louder. I always find myself doing res and muffler delete because I like crazy loud. Hahaha but that was with a Subaru STI and a V8 bmw m5.

In levels of sound of 1 -10 loudness
Middle res delete 3
Rear Muffler delete 5
**** and res delete 7
Downpipe Highflow cat and straight pipe cat back 10
Catless straight pipe... holy ******* flames and so loud your ears will bleed.

Check out video

May 2, 2019
Its not too hard, if its bolt off bolt on it's like 4 bolts and a few hangers. If its cut and weld then it's harder, you'll need a saw, and a welder. The resonator delete isn't that much louder. I always find myself doing res and muffler delete because I like crazy loud. Hahaha but that was with a Subaru STI and a V8 bmw m5.

In levels of sound of 1 -10 loudness
Middle res delete 3
Rear Muffler delete 5
**** and res delete 7
Downpipe Highflow cat and straight pipe cat back 10
Catless straight pipe... holy ******* flames and so loud your ears will bleed.

Check out video

I don't want it to be killer loud, and I got the TDI centre pipe for £11, so for that money it's worth a shot! I got quoted £144 for a rear silencer/muffler delete. That's a bit pricey for me right now where as the res delete is cheap, just wanna know what it'll sound like too

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I don't want it to be killer loud, and I got the TDI centre pipe for £11, so for that money it's worth a shot! I got quoted £144 for a rear silencer/muffler delete. That's a bit pricey for me right now where as the res delete is cheap, just wanna know what it'll sound like too
Video above is the closest I could find. When you want to go louder just cut off the muffler with a saw or a handheld pipe cutter you can rent from the auto store. Then just put on a clamp on pipe and clamp on downturn to the back you'll be out like 40£ and have a muffler delete

May 2, 2019
Video above is the closest I could find. When you want to go louder just cut off the muffler with a saw or a handheld pipe cutter you can rent from the auto store. Then just put on a clamp on pipe and clamp on downturn to the back you'll be out like 40£ and have a muffler delete

Awesome. Thanks for the help! I'll be doing it on Monday. I'll post some before and after videos!

Reactions: Compo1
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members