exhaust help

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
hi all. at the moment im running a milltek cat back on my lcr. its the non res. as some of you may know its very quiet and i prefer something a little louder but not chavvy. i was wondering if other back boxes fit the milltek cat back pipe. also what back boxes sound best, scorpion,blueflame ect.
any help would be fantastic.
sam

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
LCR's are a single piece exhaust from the outlet flange of the cat backwards.
i.e no separate back box.
Im also confused, as i thought the resonated version was quieter?

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
nope the non res is the loud one. also my cat back system is in 2 bits. back box and the pipe that connects the back box to the cat.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Factory standard is in 2 bits most of the time just using a coupling sleave. Blue flame sound good mate. The only reason i can think why there so quiet is due to the large 90 degree bend in the system, as they say for an exhaust as streight as possible hence why most are louder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX9yYgDjhJU

Unsure if its turbo back but they seem nicer than miltek.

Also look at the blueflame -

LEONCUPRAR.jpg

compared to standard which has a sharp 90 degree bend to the rear silencer. The exhaust system on the LCR is probably most restrictive thing on the car. Youd be better off with blueflame as there nicely made systems with decent gains, miltek have gone down hill on the quality factor imo.

Last edited:

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
i got non res an when stuck my standard decat pipe on noise difference was good an when giving the car some beans got some nice pops an bangs, gone 3" downpipe an decat with miltek cat back an noise nows even better, try decat it an see what you think. reason i changed decat to 3" is because im going hybrid an need to lower egt.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members