Exhaust leon R ST

Scotte

Nov 23, 2020
Wiltshire
Hi All,

I am after a aftermarket exhaust for my R ST, any recommendations and places to by from would be appicated.

Scott

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Quiksilver- Sound architect

Simple things like moving the valve to the right so you effectively have straight by pass when valves are open

Pricey but amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Quiksilver- Sound architect

Simple things like moving the valve to the right so you effectively have straight by pass when valves are open

Pricey but amazing

No valves on the R ST.

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Opinions will vary, but I have always rated Milltek.

Definitely- for off the shelf bolt on systems there great so are cobra. But if you have a certain sound or gain you want. It’s better to go to a company that can tweak as they build.

All about what your after

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
I was told the Golf R Variant Mk7 or 7.5 has a valved exhaust and the Cupra R ST would have the same exhaust, but..... it has lost the valves. Don't know if there's an option to get that back?

Reactions: Alorjosh

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Which doesn’t really matter as most high end systems come with blue tooth ODB and vacuum lines to open to valves

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Well, I guess there's no use trying to bring valves to a non-valved exhaust system, without other modifications sound will be softer with valves closed (if that;s what you want) and staying the same (at best) with valves open.

But what wiil a bigger downpipe with 200 cells sport cat coupled to the original exhaust system (the 2 GPF's included) bring, both sound wise and performance wise?

Mar 30, 2020
Valved exhausts divert exhaust flow away from a minimally muffled/resonated/usually near straight piped path to a muffled path with valve closed (i.e larger rear back box with internal construction that isn’t straight piped through). If the back boxes are a different size/internal construction, you could still benefit from a valved exhaust, considering the exhaust sound for each is likely different. You can DIY a custom valved exhaust with remote control for far cheaper than buying one off the shelf with the same parts:

1. Helical (or similar) exhaust valve -> can buy individually from Milltek
2. Kuster electronic valve servomotor (from Ford, Audi, Porsche, VW or Volvo models on EBay)
3. AWE Switchpath remote

With the GPF, it apparently muffles more sound than the pre-GPF resonated systems.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.