Exhaust Noise - Not sure what to do?

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hey all,

So calling up your help again. I've noticed that my sister's Seat Ibiza 1.2 tsi exhaust is making a grumble noise at the end of a reving the engine. (I've done a video, hopefully you can hear it:
) I've visually checked over the exhaust can did not see any holes in the exhaust through out (but I am doubting myself now).

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it or what can be done to try diagnose?

Thanks as always

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hey all,

So calling up your help again. I've noticed that my sister's Seat Ibiza 1.2 tsi exhaust is making a grumble noise at the end of a reving the engine. (I've done a video, hopefully you can hear it:
) I've visually checked over the exhaust can did not see any holes in the exhaust through out (but I am doubting myself now).

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it or what can be done to try diagnose?

Thanks as always

For anyone want to know, the front Flexi is blowing abit, it's hard to tell so if you feel yours is making a noise, run the car but have some one rev the checked, you should see the exhaust move apart at the Flexi plus you can feel air blowing on you hand if you put it on it. (obviously check this before gets hot)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
So, time to find somewhere that will weld in a replacement flexi section, I had to do that on my wife's 2002 Polo when it was only 5 or 6 years old - I was not impressed!
Maybe find out the cost of the complete section of exhaust that has the flexi as part of it, it could be cheaper to just replace a complete section, in the case of my wife's 2002 VW Polo, the aftermarket was not really geared up to providing new exhausts for that car as the demand would still be low, so my only option was to buy a new front section from VW dealership, or get it repaired.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Listening to that audio clip, there is a bit of roughness first then a clunk, the clunk is not right I don't think - unless you can prove that it is caused by the exhaust/engne moving about on its mountings.

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
For anyone wondering it is blowing and it is coming from the Flexi pipe, looks normal until the car under load and you can see it seperating, got flagged as an MOT advisory, got.my.next.job for next year.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.