Expected Delivery?

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
Just spoken to the dealer and our Sept 20th order hasn't been built yet. The girl I spoke to didn't have access to look up the build week info so they're getting back to me Monday, but Id be surprised if it arrived before Christmas now.

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
Does anyone know when the spec is fixed, is it when the build week is allocated or a certain time before the build date?

Having been fairly set on our spec, wifey has decided today she'd like the convenience pack to get auto lights even though we originally dismissed it as she didn't want auto wipers!

Dealer is getting back to us but confirmed earlier today we now have a build week (48) which is end of November.

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Does anyone know when the spec is fixed, is it when the build week is allocated or a certain time before the build date?

Having been fairly set on our spec, wifey has decided today she'd like the convenience pack to get auto lights even though we originally dismissed it as she didn't want auto wipers!

Dealer is getting back to us but confirmed earlier today we now have a build week (48) which is end of November.
I would say its cutting it fine. There is only a few weeks until its built.

easybreeze80

Aug 31, 2014
Nothing worse than a high spec car only to find it doesn't even have auto lights/wipers!! Essential option IMO.

MOzR1

Oct 13, 2014
Ordered my 280 around 11 Oct and will collect in two weeks.

SEAT UK stock car but the spec I wanted (colour was the only sticking point) and a great deal so almost a factory order.

Insurance sorted out (got a rebate over my current car) so the countdown begins. Can't wait.

raflo83

Dec 22, 2013
Wroclaw, Poland
well, yes and no. All depends on budget at the end, but I preferred to spend more $ to DSG option. In addition the 18 wheels are preferable for me due to the quality of the roads in Poland (improved, but still). I will not feel the difference in power between 265vs280.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Had call today to say build date is 28th November, which is a bit at odds with original sales guy's comment " you'll probably have it before end November, definitely before Xmas " :censored:
Roughly how long from build date have people been getting cars delivered? GF reckons it'll be here by Xmas still but I think she's a bit optimistic....... :cry:
Means I'll have to put a tyre on the R now.... [:@]:cry:

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Had call today to say build date is 28th November, which is a bit at odds with original sales guy's comment " you'll probably have it before end November, definitely before Xmas " :censored:
Roughly how long from build date have people been getting cars delivered? GF reckons it'll be here by Xmas still but I think she's a bit optimistic....... :cry:
Means I'll have to put a tyre on the R now.... [:@]:cry:
they say 4 weeks from production. Cant see you getting it before xmas.

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
Mine is arriving at the dealer on Friday apparently, just under 3 weeks from build date. Unfortunately it doesn't give dealer enough time to prep it in time for saturday, so will have to wait another week to collect.

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
Looks like we were too late so wifey has decided to join the back of the queue and wait an extra 6 weeks or so rather than get it without the convenience pack :doh:. Downside is now an early Feb estimated delivery rather than December, minor upside i guess is that it will definitely be a 2015 registered car now, and might even stretch out to a new 15 plate if theres any delays to the 12-14 week estimate due to Christmas shutdown etc (?)

Why can't women make up their minds and stick to it LOL. I must have asked her 3 or 4 times since the order in September if she wanted to change anything before it gets locked in, only now she decides when its too late.

I would say its cutting it fine. There is only a few weeks until its built.

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Looks like we were too late so wifey has decided to join the back of the queue and wait an extra 6 weeks or so rather than get it without the convenience pack :doh:. Downside is now an early Feb estimated delivery rather than December, minor upside i guess is that it will definitely be a 2015 registered car now, and might even stretch out to a new 15 plate if theres any delays to the 12-14 week estimate due to Christmas shutdown etc (?)

Why can't women make up their minds and stick to it LOL. I must have asked her 3 or 4 times since the order in September if she wanted to change anything before it gets locked in, only now she decides when its too late.
Bloody hell I would be pissed of at that.

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
My Leon arrived today :D

Very happy with it although only driven it home, will go for a better drive tonight. Might not get to use the sunroof for a few days given the weather, but it does let a lot of extra light into the cabin which is very noticeable on dull days like today.

Given todays date, and the colour of it, the girlfriend has decided to call it "Poppy". I don't like naming cars, but it seems fitting.

leon1.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.