Extreme loud strange static noise on car speakers

Jun 26, 2022
Hello!

I had a very strange problem with my brand new Cupra Leon 2022 (only 500kms)

Today when I opened the driver’s door an extreme loud noise came out from all the speakers. I tried to adjust the volume and also turn off the ignition but it didn’t make any difference.
The noise was too loud that it made me go outside the car and try locking it again but without any effect on the issue.
Aftee 1 minute it suddenly stopped but then I wasn’t be able to play anything.

I am very scared that all the speakers had blown out.

Have you experienced something like this before?
Thank you.

Sep 20, 2022
Hello,

the same thing happened to me 5 days ago. Untill now complete audio system is not working, still waiting for my dealer to take my car in....

How and have you resolved the issue? What did the dealer/service say?

The electronics and infotaiment in my car has been really dissapointing since I bought it, unfortunately.

Thank you.

Oceanic

May 25, 2021
I did experience this with my Cupra formentor 2021 VZ2 also... it was very scary,...sound... luckily the car was not driving when it happen...
The sound was extreme white noise and I did sound like the fans did blow on full speed too...
Luckily it did stop after a few minutes, I did got panic did not know what to do, I think it would go on and on until battery would die...
It is possible some of the 6 speakers have been damaged... I need to find some good way to test it with some filter sweep test file...

and test left and right channels...

here is a video how it did sound

I will make a post on this on the formentor forum also...

Anyway... what the ******* hell is this ? does not give me much confidence to drive this car honestly...
I think there is something wrong in the software in the car or something...

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Unfortunately it isn't just the one thing wrong in the software of this model, the hardware is fine but the software reminds me of those cheap Chinese knock off iPhones - everything kind of works but just not as it should, or consistently.

I've never had a car be so distracting to the driver, by design and omission, than this one is. It's like they deliberately set out to annoy and divert your focus, away from the road as you can't do even the simplest task without looking down.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise