F1 Rule Changes

mikem1

Bernie and Max are so trying to find ways to divide FOTA, together and with the support of some of the classic venues together they would have some real purchase against Bernie.

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Max and Bernie don't like the teams putting on a united front, as it gives the teams the upper hand in negotiations.

What Max and Bernie would like is to drive a wedge between the teams in FOTA somehow, so that the teams don't have a united front, which means the FIA and Formula One Management (Bernie's company that owns the TV rights to F1) would have the upper hand in negotiations :)

All very political :)

jamiebennett81

Max and Bernie don't like the teams putting on a united front, as it gives the teams the upper hand in negotiations.

What Max and Bernie would like is to drive a wedge between the teams in FOTA somehow, so that the teams don't have a united front, which means the FIA and Formula One Management (Bernie's company that owns the TV rights to F1) would have the upper hand in negotiations :)

All very political :)

isnt that the point of an association though.....to be as a united front, like a workers union?

so to get their own way, he effectively wants to split that association to weaken their public say

I can fully understand why a lot of teams are against it, but who will have the final word in agreeing the two tier system? FIA? ......which is heavily biased towards Bernie and Mosely:rolleyes:

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
I think the main problem is Max/Bernie are more interested now in the commercial aspect of F1 rather than the sporting aspect and will push through their own agenda if it means lining their pockets :(

DMC1987

Jenson for World Champion
Aug 26, 2008
Hertfordshire
I think the main problem is Max/Bernie are more interested now in the commercial aspect of F1 rather than the sporting aspect and will push through their own agenda if it means lining their pockets :(

yea thats spot on. also i think max and especially bernie are worried about FOTA making a breakaway series without them, and are running scared that they will end up with absolutely naff all. personally i would love to see that for the comedy value but hey!!!! :cartman:

jamiebennett81

this is who Bernie and Max remind me of

o_mZayyrLoMkYlmbc.jpg

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
yea thats spot on. also i think max and especially bernie are worried about FOTA making a breakaway series without them, and are running scared that they will end up with absolutely naff all. personally i would love to see that for the comedy value but hey!!!! :cartman:

For all Bernie/Max saying that F1 would survive without Ferrari, I think if Ferrari and McLaren proposed a breakaway series then all the other teams would follow.

What the FIA/FOM need to do is actually agree and sign a new Concorde agreement with the teams which should stop all this gossip/rumour about what's happening and breakaway series etc. and let the teams concentrate on the racing, not the politics!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.