Fabia TDI - in car acceleration video

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Bear in mind as well as the turbo this engine is now running an equal length tubular exhaust manifold, alloy intake piping to remove pancake restriction, larger exhaust valves, a lot of head porting (had a secnd breathing on by Jabba) and also a rather nice Dbilas race camshaft. The turbo alone is damn good I will admit, but it really needs complementing with other bits too. :)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Well, since this I broke the new turbo....

Long story involving an old EGT probe damaged when the first turbo popped, but the end result is I had to send the turbo back to Romania to be rebuilt.... Not too costly in the end thankfully - About £400 including shipping back & forth.

The turbo is on its way back to me now so should be up and running in a week or so.

knackerdecobre

Loving where is makes the power, 4k+ rpm!!! who needs a petrol! Any ideas on MPG figures with the new setup?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Probably better than when it was stock. Being relatively gentle gets me 60mpg indicated and I am sure it will average out at about 50mpg as it used to before. :) Once i have it back I will start logging litres bought to miles done, to get a real idea.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.