Facelift Cupra Leon Seat Covers

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I have a MY19 (late 2018 copper badged) Cupra Leon ST. I had the faux leather on the seat base crack and the seat base was replaced under warranty today; however, the new seat cover has a material finish where the faux leather used to be on the outside edge of the seat cover. Both sides are now material, so it is not a passenger seat cover fitted to the driver's side in error. Seat claimed that this was wear and tear but replaced as a goodwill gesture. However, I disputed this; this was a known problem on pre-FL Cupra seats and if I now have the latest modification state, they've obviously changed the design to prevent this.

I'm trying to establish if the later versions of the Cupra (MY20+) have this same finish or has a Cupra Ateca seat cover been fitted to my vehicle. Obviously not too happy that I no longer have matching seats in the car!

Thanks in advance if anyone can check :help:

Attachments

• IMG-0218.jpg
    IMG-0218.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG-0219.jpg
    IMG-0219.jpg
    709.4 KB · Views: 236

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
@fireandskill1

Cheers for posting. The dealership have confirmed that the seat bases have indeed been modified. Just waiting on a decision to see if Seat will pick up the costs so that I have matching seats in the car.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Update:

Escalated to the executive office and the second cover was replaced.

Very disappointed with the attitude of the executive office. I’ve lost my patience with VAG and their poor customer service in the UK, where you have to fight them every step of the way and will no longer purchase another vehicle from them.

I have been very loyal to the brand having purchased many new and nearly new vehicles, and my Germany based REME unit were given a VIP tour around the Wolfsburg factory - however, I can’t even purchase parts over the counter from my local TPS anymore!

The last 4 MQB platform cars have had numerous faults (missing spot welds causing water ingress, catastrophic failure of water pump after reporting/paying for water pump leak inspection/pressure test, 1.5 TSI kangaroo).

My Cupra with 3years/25k miles:

- Delayed order due to WLTP, with significant changes to original spec ordered (Copper!)
- Skirts painted in wrong colour as changed to dealer fitted option to avoid WLTP
- Rear discs warped and replaced under warranty in first few months of ownership
- Rear high level brake light cracked/water ingress
- Currently on third rear wiper blade as rubber perishes too quickly due to weathering
- Rear boot lid catch seized
- Lacquer on 2 wheels peeled
- Skirts detached from vehicle due to double sided adhesive failing, and paint peeling
- Glovebox damaged by dealer whilst replacing pollen filter during service
- Same dealer lost my service manual
- Drivers Seat leatherette cracked and then had to fight for months for replacement. Then had to fight again as the design had been changed and the covers did not match.

Lost count with the number of hours wasted writing emails, chasing calls where nobody bothers to call back, having to take the car to the dealer for them to diagnose and then take back again to complete the warranty work. When I asked if perhaps if they would consider paying for a service as a goodwill gesture for my inconvenience/fuel/time I was told no.

When you consider the absolute shambles that is the long-life servicing on current MQB cars, it is actually cheaper to service/maintain my BMW 3 series with a genuine two-year service interval.

Furthermore, I don’t have to wait for weeks for a courtesy car and I don’t have to pay for the additional insurance costs if one is actually available, even though the dealers are part of the same group.

In summary, if Seat/Cupra don’t sort out their dealer networks and poor customer service I will take my money elsewhere.