Facelift FR on Lowering springs...

AwesomeAl

Sales @ Awesome
Sep 17, 2008
NorthWest
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Hi Guys,

Looking at getting my mum a set of lowering springs for Christmas (lol) for her 2007 Ibiza FR 130.

Has anybody got any pictures of how well these sit on just lowering springs?

If so, please post them :) and if you could let me know which springs you have that would be ace.

Taa Muchly! :)

(p.s. I've tried searching but wouldn't find squat :()

AwesomeAl

Sales @ Awesome
Sep 17, 2008
NorthWest
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Cool. Had a look at the pics and it looks alright!

I'm thinking along the lines of the Weitec springs as we've had only good experience with them so far and they are generally quite comfortable.

Anybody got Weitec 30/30's fitted ?

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
I have H&R lowering springs and they're -35mm. They're as comfy as stock suspension, except its lower :). Had em on standard shocks for 1.5 years now and still doing fine job. There are some pics on my thread.

AwesomeAl

Sales @ Awesome
Sep 17, 2008
NorthWest
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Thanks Joens,

I can see a definite drop on the front:
03112008011.jpg

But the rear hasn't really dropped much but the front is definitely lower!

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Thing is, it was a problem for H&R and they have uprated spings now. New product code for Cupra and FR. Heres a pic with the new H&R that was published last summer for Cupra and FR

_smaller.jpg

think the product code is 29333-3 , mine has 29333-2

Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
Yup. Truss is correct :) They were really cheap to be honest, see a link in my thread.

Had about 1 month now, and done about 2000 miles on them, there fine still lol

whats the ride like mate? im intrigued, its about the right height i want mine. is it like standard on loads firmer ie hard nasty ride?

Last edited:

AwesomeAl

Sales @ Awesome
Sep 17, 2008
NorthWest
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
whats the ride like mate? im intrigued, its about the right height i want mine. is it like standard on loads firmer ie hard nasty ride?

Well standard was never that good, but it is more bumpy, however certainly not as bad as some cars i have been in. Just makes quite a lot of noise really, crashing about, but hey! They look cool as feck ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members