Facelift model or not

kevh

Leon Cupra 1.8T 03
Jan 1, 2010
Hampshire
I'm a little confused not sure if i have facelift model how do i tell?:confused:
reg documents say Leon Cupra turbo first reg march 03

i have:
climate
tcs
radio cass with cd changer
elec heated mirrors

does not have:
esp
no indication on the body its a Cupra(poss debadged)
side airbags
mirrors don't fold (poss broken if they should)
cruise control

any help please
kevh Leon Cupra 1800T 03

dh00001

Aug 11, 2009
does your front end look like
GX53GZL.jpg

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Pre facelift
mycar.jpg

Facelift
59963269.jpg

doesnt help that the second one is heavy modded in comparision to the first one.

I presume facelift does not mean modded, it is the bumper that makes it a facelift? non-facelift has the same bumpers as say a standard 1.6 Leon but facelift is what I would call the FR bumper (the one with a hole like the hole the front Seat badge goes in, directly underneth the front Seat badge ?

Right ? or WRONG?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
doesnt help that the second one is heavy modded in comparision to the first one.

I presume facelift does not mean modded, it is the bumper that makes it a facelift? non-facelift has the same bumpers as say a standard 1.6 Leon but facelift is what I would call the FR bumper (the one with a hole like the hole the front Seat badge goes in, directly underneth the front Seat badge ?

Right ? or WRONG?

Wrong, nothing to do with modified.

Pre facelift has the smaller bumpers with black inserts, no side skirts and black door moldings.

The bottom pic shows the different bumpers, skirts and moldings.

Apart from the wheels, splitter and its a bit lower thats what a facelift looks like :)

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Wrong, nothing to do with modified.

Pre facelift has the smaller bumpers with black inserts, no side skirts and black door moldings.

The bottom pic shows the different bumpers, skirts and moldings.

Apart from the wheels, splitter and its a bit lower thats what a facelift looks like :)

cool! and that lower picture is the first time (that i can remember) seeing a blue Leon that has made me lost for words! thats gorgous! the black rims etc looks the nuts, Im usually a Black / Red / White Leon man but boy thats tasty - actually mkes me consider geting a blue Leon diesel

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
cool! and that lower picture is the first time (that i can remember) seeing a blue Leon that has made me lost for words! thats gorgous! the black rims etc looks the nuts, Im usually a Black / Red / White Leon man but boy thats tasty - actually mkes me consider geting a blue Leon diesel

Cheers, those 2 pics are the same car :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Think you should definately update it to that picture! cant tell you how much better it looks, what rims are they?

The new ones are Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 and the old ones are RS6 Reps.

I'll sort a new sig when I can get some decent new pics and its clean :)

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
It's all to do with the mirrors!!!!!!!

If the mirrors are square then it's pre-facelift

If the mirrors are oval (or tear-drop) shaped, then it's the facelift model!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise