Facelift Xenon DRL

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Had intially deleted this as I thought I had found the answer but sadly not. Does anyone have any information on what the daytime running lights look like on the new Leon?

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Yep, there are some videos on youtube of a few of them driving around, and the ones with xenon headlamps, you can see that they have the sidelights on:(
Very poor show from Seat imo:doh: Thought they would have gone Audi led style instaed of the cheap option:blink:

Moley RUFC

Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Parked next to a chap today who had a FL FR with Xenons and it had no DRL. In fact the only lights it had were the stock AA Yellow side lights next to the Xenons.

Anyone else got a FL with Xenons? Do you have DRL ?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Seen two facelift leons and neither had the driving lights? Everycar built from now has to have them due to the EU, Audi have their bright sidelights and LEDs for cars with Xenon. VW have brighter sidelights on the golf but my mums Scirocco has the headlights on ALL the time, you can only switch to sidelights. But as for the Leons I've seen, neither had them.

Danny.

Moley RUFC

Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Seen two facelift leons and neither had the driving lights? Everycar built from now has to have them due to the EU, Audi have their bright sidelights and LEDs for cars with Xenon. VW have brighter sidelights on the golf but my mums Scirocco has the headlights on ALL the time, you can only switch to sidelights. But as for the Leons I've seen, neither had them.

Danny.

Not until 2010 do they have to have them on new cars.

Alnitak

Jun 28, 2009
Oxford
OK, I've got my new FR CR 170 now. :)

It does have daytime lights, although they can be disabled.

Alnitak

Jun 28, 2009
Oxford
Good man, what other options did you go for ?

Tech&Convenience Pack and 18" wheels.

Here's a photo with the DRLs on:

Leon.jpg

Moley RUFC

Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
mmmmm....love your choice of colour but a bit disappointed that the DRL aren't LED based like Audi's with Xenon option.

Out of interest is the DRL just a standard side light that happens to be on all the time? If so I suppose you could fit an LED style bulb

Last edited:

bizzaboy

Tech&Convenience Pack and 18" wheels.

Here's a photo with the DRLs on:

I had to expand the picture to make sure I didn't miss something!
Isn't this just the same as sticking your sidelights on (no difference)?

This new law about every car having to have daytime running lights, sounds rediculous.
Where is this officially documented?

I can understand motorbikes (and even cyclists) having their lights on during the day, for their own safety, as car drivers never seem to notice them, and they are much more at risk/exposed!

Alnitak

Jun 28, 2009
Oxford
I had to expand the picture to make sure I didn't miss something!
Isn't this just the same as sticking your sidelights on (no difference)?

I had my side-lights on earlier yesterday evening and the reflection that I could see in the car in front was definitely different. So no, it's not just side lights.

bizzaboy

I had my side-lights on earlier yesterday evening and the reflection that I could see in the car in front was definitely different. So no, it's not just side lights.

Hi Alnitak, nice car. :) The lights on in your pic are in the position of the side-lights.

So you have a 2nd set of bulbs in that same location dedicated to your "daytime running lights" and its not the side-lights that are on?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
DRL lights are brighter than normal side lights, upgrade your side lights to the LED ones and I s'pose it will be sort of the same

I found ages ago that household 12v 20w halogen bulbs fit into the bulb holders for 5W5 bulbs with a little mod to the legs but the extra heat melts the holder :no:

Looked good for about an hour though.

james.milroy

Mar 18, 2007
Sunny Saltcoats, Scotland
Had a look at the picture of the white facelift FR and it looks to me like they are using the high beam bulbs for DRL's. Now either they are running the H1's at lower voltage or it is a different bulb, H15 like a golf VI with twin filaments (60W/19W).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.