Factory headunit turns itsefl on!! HELP

darkmanx

Hi all

Just got home from work today and turned the engine off and was grabbing some stuff and all of a sudden the aura headunit turned itself back on. Tried turning it off, checked the fuses, disconnected battery for couple of mins and it still does it!
Also after disconnecting the battery my cd changer no longer works either!?
Any help appreciated

Thanks

weemzer

upside down not good!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
you are in the same boat as me! it's a new head unit for you my friend! try checking ebay, i've seen a couple of reasonably cheap ones on there over the last few weeks.

darkmanx

damn, was hoping not to hear that answer lol. Has no one been able to come up with quick fix or anything?

darkmanx

yeah thats what I have done for now, bit of a pain aint it. How much are the headunits fitted by seat do you know?

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
aint it just!! i'm sure someone on here said for seat to do it you'll be around £300!! not in my price range!! ha ha

i seen a head unit on ebay for £100, that's been the cheapest i've seen.

try searching the for sale section on here, there are a few peeps breakin beeza's just now.

darkmanx

thats well bad no way i'd wanna pay £300 for that piece of nasty crap they call a headunit. Have you tried any scrap yards or breaking places on net?
Would of been easier if they'd just put a normal one in there in first place!

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
like i said the only ones i can find are on ebay! i couldn't agree with you more thou, why not just fit a normal single DIN stereo in the first place?!!?

they say it's for security reasons but if your daft enough to leave your face on it's YOUR OWN FAULT if it get's nicked!!

cla55y19

mine does excatly the same i just unplug the ribbon cable everytime pain i know but cheaper than the dealers ive watched quite a few on ebay they normaly go for around 70 quid only thing with mine is when its being a C*nt it turns on instantly i turn off it turns on but when its working it wont come on for a few weeks then it starts again :S

darkmanx

cheers mate ill give them a call looking much better than £400 at this moment. Is it just the front panel you send to them or is it the full stereo?

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
Hi darkmanx
My headunit is a 1 piece unit located behind the LCD screen on the Ibiza Sport & i had to send the whole unit.
Just give them a call, with the make / model No & Serial No of your head unit & they will let you know if they can fix it. they will proberly need the Face as well so that they can test all is ok when repaired.
the only thing you can lose is the price of the phone call

darkmanx

yeah ill try giving them a call on my dinner or after work, do you know off hand where your serial number of the headunit is located? Sorry to be a pain i've not had chance to get the unit out to look at it yet. Is it easy to remove?

Loz Greenwell

Mine completely won't turn on or any thing,,,,,, any ideas people? Hadn't drove it for a few weeks and left my phone charger in and drained the battery, jumped it and the thing has no lights or any thing. Tapped off a cd player on the same power suply and that still works so its got power? :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.