failing turbo

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
high pitched whistle on boost, screetches on full boost...

no leaks detected on leak back test, oil in intercooler pipes and on throttle body, loss of power, seems to hold back on boost.

signs of oil on turbo inlet..exhaust tips burn colour.

changed, maf, plugs, fuel filter, coilpacks, n75, throttle body clean and reste

loud whine on high idle, and on revs, actual not meeting requested on logs, maf was reading 10g/s lower even on new maf

tell me it aint the worst fellas.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
It does sound like a dead tubby, James :(

Take the TIP off and have a feel of the turbine for eccess play on the shaft..

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
mine sounds the same, no loss in performance though holds stage 1 boost @ 1.1, just makes the same noise as the link posted of the video in the other thread, exactly the same.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
A fair few people have got the same noise, mine happened all of a sudden, I changed a DV over to another one, and it started to happen ever since then, i've even put the original DV back on, but it still is the same noise, a few mechanics have checked it and say, it sounds normal.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
mine holds back on boost, pulses boost in 6th, really loud whistle on boost, as said oil in cooler pipes, and evidence around the turbo inlet of oil

on 105k on original turbo aswell.

done it for a while now, changed every pipe possible and there all air tight. changed everything else, if it was just a noise and no loss in performance then id be happy, but its both together.... it really is loud aswell.

very stuttery on light revs in 1st 2nd and 3rd

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
if that's what your thinking and you have more experience then me, then that means my turbo's fubar'd too?!

Mine spikes in 6th gear, 1.0 to 1.2 back and forth.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.