Falcon FK-452 and ZIEX ZE-912 ! Help

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
Hi.

I ordered some 452's from a garage, went to have them fitted and i seem to have come away with ZIEX ZE 912's.

I have never heard of them before.. do i need to get them to change them, or will they be OK?

Any advice?

JamJay

California Bound
So you ordered Falken and you came away with a different brand altogether or are those another model of Falken tyre? If they are a different brand, go back and get what you wanted on there and IMO, the 452s are a very good tyre even though they are cheap.

Edit: Just checked and seen then they are also Falken. Acoording to the Falken website the ZIEX ZE-912 is an all weather tyre so probably won't be as grippy/soft as the 452 but should last longer.

Last edited:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
the ze912s are falcons, they replaced the 452s.. although a different tyre, both are good tyres for the money

i run 452s and i know unclefester ran the 912s with good feedback.

but if you asked for the 452s, they are slightly more expensive... how much you pay?

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
Thanks guys.

I put a phone call in to the garage, after reading your comments and google-ing.

They have agreed to change the tyres over this afternoon for me.

It sounds stupid, but im not sure im happy with the tread pattern more than anything on the 912's...

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
yeah the 912's which are sat on my car until about 3ish this afternoon, dont have much sidewall protection. They dont look like they would like a fast corner too much either!

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
The 912's are a symetric so they cannot be turned like the 452's. With the 452's you can change to the opposite side (if they start wearing a bit quick on the inner edge) so you get a longer life from them.

Make sure you have the tracking done, my last 452's went in a matter on months due to the toe on the nearside and not catching it early enough to swap.

JimCupra

Aug 21, 2008
Bucks
I got the 912's on mine.....no complaints so far.
Certainly less road noise then P6000's they replaced, more grip wet and dry.

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
You can't change the 452's to the opposite side, I have them on mine and they have specific direction indicators........

yeh you can but you have to take the tyre off the wheel and turn it around, so in otherwords the inside edge on the drivers side becomes the outside edge on the passengers side :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise