Fastest Mk2?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Technically the fastest would be the Standard cupra, as it doesnt have the extra weight of the side skirts and spoiler plus the wild bumpers :)

surely they would be all the speed same using the same gearing unless you mean quickest of course ;)

shaunymac

Auto Emocion
Jul 30, 2007
Basildon, Essex
the mk2 can be mapped to well over 300bhp adding a d.pipe exhaust induction kit will put this up more!

meant to add fuel pump upgrade also will help no leaning off in the mid range.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
OH aye so if the Cupra R was mapped with sports cat and exchaust etc, running say 275bhp how would that size up to a mk2 cupra?

Also....what can the Mk3 Cupra/K1 be mapped up to?

Standard MK2 Cupras make approx 260bhp and 240ft-lbs out the box.

Stage 2 LCR's make approx 270-280bhp and 300ft-lbs therefore the little bit extra power on the LCR would see it edge away from a standard MK2 Cupra.

However, add the same modifications to a MK2 Leon Cupra (except swap the 4 bar FPR for an uprated mechanical fuel pump) for 360bhp and 340ft-lbs and with it, the ability to destroy a stage 2 LCR

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Standard MK2 Cupras make approx 260bhp and 240ft-lbs out the box.

Stage 2 LCR's make approx 270-280bhp and 300ft-lbs therefore the little bit extra power on the LCR would see it edge away from a standard MK2 Cupra.

However, add the same modifications to a MK2 Leon Cupra (except swap the 4 bar FPR for an uprated mechanical fuel pump) for 360bhp and 340ft-lbs and with it, the ability to destroy a stage 2 LCR

Very interesting.... i always wander why they dropped the brembo's off the mk2 as well, very odd.

Lots of potential with the mk2....... will have to save up i think and get rid of this FR+!!! :D

shaunymac

Auto Emocion
Jul 30, 2007
Basildon, Essex
Very interesting.... i always wander why they dropped the brembo's off the mk2 as well, very odd.

Lots of potential with the mk2....... will have to save up i think and get rid of this FR+!!! :D

they dropped the brembos because they found the big brakes that are fitted now are more effective from what I can remember. I am sure someone will be along to correct me if im wrong but the brakes are pretty awesome to be honset more than adequate for fast road driving.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
they dropped the brembos because they found the big brakes that are fitted now are more effective from what I can remember. I am sure someone will be along to correct me if im wrong but the brakes are pretty awesome to be honset more than adequate for fast road driving.

The brakes on the Mk 2 Cupra are brilliant, some people complain they brake too hard though.

Probably cost was a lot to do with dropping brembos, if you can develop something equivalent in house, why pay a third party to do it?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It's not that they brake too hard, it's the fact they are over-servoed. The pedal feel can be a little bit on or off. Though they do indeed stop the car very well!

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
i've got brembo's fitted to my for over a week now and the pedal is a lot firmer, but it's still pretty progressive. I was tempted to get Cupra brakes for mine, but they are a fair bit heavier than the brembo's,

Poverty

yeah just been having a look...

K1 looks so much more agressive to the cupra......

interesting, if my fr was worth about £7.5k then need an extra £5k to go with it to get the K1/Cupra....

Interesting....

no chance of you gettin a k1 for 12k. K1's start at 15k plus. I couldnt get hold of a decent priced secnd hand one myself so went new ith m1 autos.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.