feels like its holding back

gticupra123

Dec 21, 2008
berkshire
i got my gti 8v about 3 months ago and it had a bad mis-fire when i brought it so i changed the leads and plugs and that seemed to solve it, but sometimes when im driving and put my foot down it just seems to not be pulling as well as it should any ideas? thanks

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
The leads need to be on very tightly as you really don't want any moisture in there.

Dizzy cap and rotor arm aren't very expensive, try and buy decent quality ones though. Phone your local TPS and get genuine SEAT ones if possible.

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
VWSpares are inexpensive and i bought my leads, dizzy and rotor arm from them, runs very smooth, its Beru stuff which is a good make.

Check your air filter, make sure its clean, then check the air ducting from there to the throttle body closely for cracks. Also all vacuum pipes, pretty much everywhere you can see check. One tip is to use wd40 while the engine is running around the hoses etc, any cracks will draw it in and change the revs.

As mentioned throttle body clean does wonders.

Then check ignition or buy new stuff as above. NGK plugs are excellent, better than the bosch i had in my opinion, seems to be a smoother burn.

That should sort it.

gticupra123

Dec 21, 2008
berkshire
VWSpares are inexpensive and i bought my leads, dizzy and rotor arm from them, runs very smooth, its Beru stuff which is a good make.

Check your air filter, make sure its clean, then check the air ducting from there to the throttle body closely for cracks. Also all vacuum pipes, pretty much everywhere you can see check. One tip is to use wd40 while the engine is running around the hoses etc, any cracks will draw it in and change the revs.

As mentioned throttle body clean does wonders.

Then check ignition or buy new stuff as above. NGK plugs are excellent, better than the bosch i had in my opinion, seems to be a smoother burn.

That should sort it.

nice one cheers guys, i know that i have a split breather pipe but that wouldnt cause problems would it?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise