Fellow stage 2 dpf delete leon fr owner long term reviews

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Yea I would go with that pal. Ben at Shark was shocked at the switch like torque of my P-torque map. That said I think my P-torque was alittle to aggressive at 2500rpm. It would spin the wheels in 3rd if the road conditions were anything less than perfect. With my new DPF removal map the power is very linar, in fact I can pretty much floor it in second with minimal spin. It does have more up top than before, but not loads more. I had a strange situation the other day on a damp road where I was accelerating out of a 30 zone in third and the wheels started to spin at 4000rpm. The old map was all done by then, they would be spinning at 2500rpm. If I can get shark to alter my map so that I have a bit more midrange, without the undriveable switch sensation and still retain the revs i'll be more than happy. As for mpg, its not changed much either. How do you find it?

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
I think the power figures quoted for the difference in the dpf and none dpf remaps is over inflated. I've had both and I can't tell the difference in power tbh.

I have also had both and can tell you there is a difference.....

Yea I would go with that pal. Ben at Shark was shocked at the switch like torque of my P-torque map. That said I think my P-torque was alittle to aggressive at 2500rpm. It would spin the wheels in 3rd if the road conditions were anything less than perfect. With my new DPF removal map the power is very linar, in fact I can pretty much floor it in second with minimal spin. It does have more up top than before, but not loads more. I had a strange situation the other day on a damp road where I was accelerating out of a 30 zone in third and the wheels started to spin at 4000rpm. The old map was all done by then, they would be spinning at 2500rpm. If I can get shark to alter my map so that I have a bit more midrange, without the undriveable switch sensation and still retain the revs i'll be more than happy. As for mpg, its not changed much either. How do you find it?

Mine will pull all the way to the limiter with no give especially in third gear. MPG is around the same as it was standard if not a little worse but nothing to complain about.

Im not convinced on these shark dpf removals, would love to put a CC'd one up against a Shark one to see what the difference is.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire

That doesn't sound anything like the CC map mate, if i'm deadly honest i have been in quite a few leon fr tdi 170's with different map's. Angel tuning, Revo, blue fin and P torque. And trust me on this the WILD Custom Code map is brutal compared to the above. I think shark DPF removal is concentrated on DPF issues first and foremost and by the sounds of it not pushed the car to it's potential with the dpf remap. I have never been in a shark dpf delete car i am only going from what i have been told by a few others. Namely and Audi A3 S-line driver who has now had both.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Its a shame you're so far away from me mate. I'd more than happy for you to have a go to compare mine to yours. I did say to Ben at the time I may want more power. It almost feels like the engine is being held back in the lower and mid range. With all the maps I've had full throttle appears slower than half - three quaters under acceleration when opportating under 3500rpm. Its very noticeble in 2nd and 3rd gear as well. In fact the wheel spin at half throttle and not at full in second gear. I've talked myself into a more aggressive map thats for sure.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
My car will spin in 3rd even if the conditions are perfect :cartman:

You see for me that sounds like the toqure is a little to aggressive. Pointless not being able to put your foot down till your in 4th gear. Its all over by then on a public road. Granted if your up around 60mph then its not so much of an issue.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
you just have to learn to drive it smoothly, i can launch it without spinning

if you just simply put the pedal to the floor then it will spin, plus youl destroy clutch h

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
I'm therefore assuming you have more throttle variation than I did. I was getting wheel spin at 1/4 throttle. In fact there was little to no difference between 1/4 to full throttle upto 3500rpm before. That aside I've booked my car at Shark for Wednesday for a more aggresive map. They have about 12 DPF maps for the PD170. I'm going for 12 on the aggressive front to get a comparrison of both extremes. I'll probably end up settling for a bit more mild in the long run though.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
while driving smoother may solve some issues, i think its fair to say we all need to accept that our financially suicidal decision to push so much torque through our wheels was going to have some serious negative side effects on tyre and clutch wear and no amount of OAP good intentions is going to fix that :)

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hency why my Flywheel is well and trully fcked :cartman:

Like anything you are going to need supporting Mod's eventually

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Hmmm, well maybe your maps are too aggressive for me. I'm yet to get any clutch slip.

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Hmmm, well maybe your maps are too aggressive for me. I'm yet to get any clutch slip.

+1 lol I dont get any slip what so ever, now on 24000 miles.

Maybe i drive it so it doesnt burn the clutch out (e.g power after 2k revs)

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Mines all driven over about 2.5k im guessing the owner before me didnt do this and tried booting it everywhere

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Mines all driven over about 2.5k im guessing the owner before me didnt do this and tried booting it everywhere

Exact same as me, always boot it over max torque 2.5k revs. Mine slipped as soon as Custom Code took it out a test drive :( at 6k miles! only ever done it occasionaly since

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
To be Fair mines slipped twice since having it done, And once i was trying to launch quickly at a Roundabout

But you can hear the DMF growling in every gear all the time, And if i get in a queue for example the queue at Edition 38 last year to get in where i did stop start for about 10 mins the clutch pedal felt like it was connected to nothing by the end of the queue and car was struggling to move

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
whats a DMF to be noob for a min? and i learnt ages ago its best get off the clutch as soon as possible in traffic, holding it in just heats the bugger up, it was hard to do at first all the time but no its second nature to me

sniperftw

DMF stands for dual mass flywheel! But i have no idea why that would be growling! lol

think he means DPF?