Ferodo Ds2500 when COLD

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Just had my first MOT and was informed that my pads where VERY low (Outsides looked a little low, but it turned out the inside pads very indeed very low)

So i've just ordered some DS2500 pads from Badger Bill and was wondering how the pad performs in a everyday application. I know there a Fast Road / Track day pad and therefore won;t be brill when cold....

i would love to hear from anyone who lives with these pads everyday.... :shrug:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
they are reputed to be good from cold.as good as OE.
we have a braking section too you know ;)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i find mine alot better than the OE pads hot and cold.............mind u i run grooved discs and better fluid through braided lines

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
I think there as good as standard when cold but once there hot they bite like nothing else.It surprises me how hot they have to be to really perform though,you have to be really giving the brakes some stick on pulic roads to get them hot.They are expensive but worth every penny.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
DS2500s are the best pads i ever used and like grey said once they are hot they really bite well.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
me to awesome pads now the second time i have had them will never go for anything else they arent cheap but they last ages and plus how many times are you actually raggin your car, best pad for def

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
they bite well all temps.. better than OE in every respect.
not like ols skool pads which did'nt work at all until warmed..

you will be impressed
:)

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Ok........... I have searched...........

Is there a current Pad fitting guide for the Brembo calipers......

Also i've never bothered with the bleeding business before, just opened the cap and sucked some out....... Do halfrauds do a piston winding tool...... I've always used a sealent gun before, but i don't think it'll work with the Brembos there a bit big :-(

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I didn't think you needed a wind back tool for the fronts?. The guide says you can do it with a screwdriver or similar if you push them back slowly?. You don't have to bleed etc.. or remove the res cap? :confused:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Why does the cap come off though, off fully or just enough for air to escape?. If it was on tight wouldn't the air just sit above the fluid level?. It's not good to leave the top off too long as it starts to absorb the moisture in the air.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Cheers for the advice all, I have the DS2500's off Bill and need to fit them soon :)

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
Just for the air to escape and allow the fluid back into the resevoir i think, makes the pistons easier to push back :) Cap is only off to do this, once the pistons are back, put the cap back on.

exactly what fester says if you dont take it off its harder to push pistons back trust me lol