Festoon Interior Bulbs... which ones for where!?!

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
Searched and found a few threads but none that specifically tells me what festoon led bulbs i need for which particular lights i am changing...

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/Festoon-LED-Bulbs/

found this site... are these the correct ones i need?

if so could someone be so kind as to direct me to which ones i need to change the interior lights at the front.. (think theres 3 bulbs in there on the roof) and the rear interior roof lights... and also the number plate lights...

thanks ! :clap:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Also want to know this :cartman:

I want to know what bulbs i need to replace Front Interior Lights , Rear Interior lights and Boot lights with LED's

b9rgo1234

Oct 18, 2008
5x 36mm festoons, 2 go in the sun visor lights, 1 in the light in the front, 2 in the rear light unit
2x 501 bulbs, also for the light in the front
I used a 44mm in the boot, its a little big but it fits :)

search fleebay for canbus 501 leds, if you dont use these the lights will stay dimmly lit when your driving

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Do the Festoons need to be Can-Bus friendly aswell ?

My Ibiza Interior Festoon was always dimmly lit when driving

b9rgo1234

Oct 18, 2008
Only one of the bulbs need to be a canbus led, so yes you could put one festoon in the light in the front. I changed both 501s cos they came in pairs.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Right im a tiny bit confused now

501 Sidelight bulbs are sold as Can-Bus friendly , ive got 2 already in the headlights and work fine with me HID's

Whats confusing me is Festoon bulbs arent sold as Can Bus Friendly so ....

If i fit 5x Festoons and 2x 501 Can Bus's - Am i or Arent i going to get a warning light coming on?

b9rgo1234

Oct 18, 2008
Fit 5 standard led festoons and 2 501 canbus leds and all will be fine. I have that exact setup in my car just now, no lights staying on.

b9rgo1234

Oct 18, 2008
Yea Donnyboy that should work. As long as 1 of the bulbs is canbus friendly then the lights will go out when driving. The Canbus LEDs tend to be a bit brighter than the standard LEDs though.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Yea Donnyboy that should work. As long as 1 of the bulbs is canbus friendly then the lights will go out when driving. The Canbus LEDs tend to be a bit brighter than the standard LEDs though.

I see what you mean. The 501 bulbs will be the same light level and match each other and the 5 festoon bulbs will all be the same light level and also match.

Instead of 1 canbus festoon that looks different from the other festoons.

b9rgo1234

Oct 18, 2008
Standard festoon, with canbus leds. I got them off ebay, they have 2 leds on each side. I see in your link it had 1 larger one on the top which might be better.
leontdisport008.jpg

And standard leds in the rear. One looks brighter but its just the picture.
leontdisport009.jpg