Few bits on engine to identify, Coolant + Boost suggestions

nickmk1

Hey guys,
On top of the engine on an ayp cupra, either side of the 06a 131 051 f box, two solenoid looking things which is which, both seem to have the same part number, one has a turny twisted black end where the other has an outlet.

On the oil filter housing you have two outlets for coolant, one pointed away from gearbox and one the other way, where do they go as i seem to be missing the hose for them (dont worry its an engine ive bought, not driving around on it...) also on a rail coming round the gearbox side of the engine missing two hoses which then go up to feed the heater matrix?

Ideally i want as little as possible in terms of vac/boost spurs, i would need a dump/recirc, boost solenoid, a tee off into a boost meter and obviously routing from turbo to intercooler and into inlet. I will be running megasquirt so it leaves me free to have these in the best positions, ive heard possibly for the dump/recirc it needs to be close to the inlet any suggestions for the other bits or diagrams!!

Cheers, realise its alot but anything answered would be appreciated.
Nick

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
On top of the engine on an ayp cupra, either side of the 06a 131 051 f box, two solenoid looking things which is which, both seem to have the same part number, one has a turny twisted black end where the other has an outlet.

These are the N249 and the N112. The one with the black end is the N112 and the other is the N249 (think thats the right way round, I will double check this later). and yes they are both the same part

nickmk1

Cheers for that, seemingly i wont need either but im not sure what the purpose of the N112 is, and do you think anyone would need this as they will be chucked?!
Nick

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
yeah you could sell them :) I bought a new one for £35 the other week :(

The N112 is to do with the secondary air pump (do a search) and the N249 can be avoided by pipes but still needs to be electronically connected however you can replace both with a resistor (there is a guide on here somewhere)

nickmk1

Groovy, running megasquirt so should be ok without it. Its all about being minimalist...!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.