fiberglass side skirts

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
does any one know. the best way to fit them.. i know i have to glue them on. is sekaflex a good glue to use? and do i bare the metal or just flat the paint off or stick it on as is?
any help would be great.

Last edited:

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
It should come,or be available with a primer you swab on over the paint. But we use this stuff in work for fiting windows, it drys VERY quickly and is near impossible to remove.

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
to key the surface, dont know what its called or how it works. But ive seen the stains it leaves on fresh paint wen spilt. Im sure it will stick without this though.

But 1 example, a new fitter put a skirt on an astra, wasnt aligned properly, but it was tea-time (more important obviously) came back 15mins later and couldnt get it to budge. Hada cut it off and repaint quarter panel

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
Oh well if you are going that far, and you wil have to repaint quarters and sills I would scratch the surface as you will need it for the filler to stick. P40 filler to start with, to give you the build, then p38 for a finish.

Or if you are just talking about a bead along the edge so there is no gap, the likes of the window bond would be fine. Smooth it along with a wet finger and use panel wipe/white spirits, not thinners, to remove excess.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.