Filter Change - Dbilas

Slickline

I thought K&N filters were lifetime filters and could be cleaned by blowing through with compressed air and then re-oiling them with the supplied oil. At least thats how it used to work with bike applications, are cars different.......not sure?

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
Do not clean cotton gauze filters with compressed air and don't use dish washing liquid- ever. Also don't use warm water to rinse and clean the filter. Use only proper filter cleaning solution and cold water then leave the filter to dry in room temperature (avoid exposure to direct sunlight). Compressed air blows holes in the gauze much larger than the desired thus allowing larger dust particles entering the engine. Using warm water shrinks the gauze producing the same effect as the compressed air. The same applies when using dish washing liquid which destroys the gauze with similar effects. If you follow these rules you'll have a properly working filter that will last much longer than your car's life.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Mine getting replaced in the next week or so after a few thousand. Its been shaken clean once but i would like a spare. As Bob said above, its a Polo filter and costs less to replace than if you ask for one for a Dbilas ;)

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Mine getting replaced in the next week or so after a few thousand. Its been shaken clean once but i would like a spare. As Bob said above, its a Polo filter and costs less to replace than if you ask for one for a Dbilas ;)

Cheeky swines charging more for a 'Dbilas' filter. Which model Polo should I be askin for the filter off?