Finally... It's arrived

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
After a four month wait, i finally collected my car today.

And as this thread is useless without pictures...

image877.jpg

image880.jpg

image881.jpg

Going to hopefully get some more arty ones taken tomorrow if the weather holds out, but for my n85 in South Mimms services they've not turned out too bad.

Last edited:

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
:D hi matey o looks superb really like that colour suits the beza well bet you cuffed a!! Look even better in the good ol sunshine, enjoy[B)]

Chaza123

After a four month wait, i finally collected my car today.

Jeeze you waited 4months! That's dedication, there was me getting impatient after a month and a half!! They are worth the wait though, I love my 1.6TDI :)

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
be prepared now to walk that little bit further from parking up away from everyone else!lol... Or is it just me who does that with a new motor?

Nope, i'm doing that as well, parking on streets away from my own rather than trying to squeeze into gaps on my own road. I've been mad with the weather today as the wind decided to blow a shedload of leaves twigs and crap right square into the side of it earlier. i haven't dared look how scratched it is yet!

The 1.6tdi is brilliant, i'm still being gentle with it to run it in but on the odd occasion that my right foot takes over it really does have some grunt behind it once you hit the power band at around 1600rpm, and a nice roar as it pulls forward.

That said, it is currently poorly, the emission system control warning lamp came on a few minutes ago so im now waiting for the AA to come take a look at it (god bless free full european cover :eek:) and make sure it's nothing major, so swings and roundabouts really.

Last edited:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Apparently not, had the AA out to have a look, cleared the error code (2470 in case anyone is any the wiser), but the lamp has come back on again, and now, i've got the glowplug light flashing intermittantly too.

there goes monday =o)

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Go out and drive the FOOK outta it...

really? the new (intermittant) warning light is listed as an engine fault in the manual...

i'm a bit cowardly when it comes to things like that as i know if i break it more then the warranty won't cough up as i didnt take it straight to the dealership to get it sorted...

Leonidas

I dunno then. Id be rippin [:@]
My local dealer is open till 6 on a saturday. Does yours not???

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Been advised by Autoworld Chesterfield to have a go at the DPF regeneration procedure as per the manual (ie/ drive the fook outta it, you might've been right Briano ;)) as DPF stuff isn't covered under the warranty and if it doesn't extinguish the light to call back and get it booked in.

Strange as it's not the DPF light that's lit, but i'm gonna give it a go tonight and see what happens. :shrug:

Last edited:

Leonidas

Bring a video camera with ya and video some 0 - 60 and 0 - 100 times ;)

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
will do once it's all fixed and run in ;)
After spending half hour cruising up and down the m1 at 60mph in fourth (apologies to anyone who was sat behind me wandering wtf i was doing!) i can safely assume it's not the DPF.

Been trying to take it gently but it's so bloody good when you boot it in third, split second pause while the turbo spools up then boom, it just pulls and pulls.

0-100? i'd never do that kind of speed, officer

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Nope, i thought it was starting to, the engine fault light went off on the first run down the motorway, but when i turned round to come home it started blinking again. :shrug:
Time to send it to the experts i guess