First impressions

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
Just replaced two front Bridgestone Turanza ER300's with Michelin Primacy HP's, don't think there's anything physcological going on but they're quieter and they also feel more comfortable, just hope they last 39500 mile (still legal I may add) like the Bridgestone's did !!!!
(and no, i don't drive like a granny :bleh:, no offence you granny's out there :blink:)

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
Wow, I only got 38000 out of my rear Turanzas, just changed them for Michelin Energy E3As. Hoping for lots more miles out of them.

My rears are still going strong [B)] , i'd be surprised if i didn't get mid 50's from them. Noticed the HP's i've put on aren't as sharp on turn in, not as direct and quick, i'll pass proper judgement when i've got a good few thousand mile on them.

What do you think of the E3A's ?

jtmac

Not sure if it was just in my head but at first it felt like they might not have had quite as much grip as my old worn down bridgestones.

A bit harder to tell with them being on the rear, either they've settled in or I've got used to them because I wouldn't know now. It'll be the end of the week before I next fill up and get any indication if they'll make a difference to MPG.

loadswine

loadswine
The Bridgestones I had were awful. The rears were so noisy that I suspected the rear wheel bearings were on their way out. When they were changed for Goodyear F1s, the car became a huge amount quieter at the rear end and all the rumble went away.
I will never fit Bridgestones again. The rears lasted approximately 20 thousand miles!

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
The Bridgestones I had were awful. The rears were so noisy that I suspected the rear wheel bearings were on their way out. When they were changed for Goodyear F1s, the car became a huge amount quieter at the rear end and all the rumble went away.
I will never fit Bridgestones again. The rears lasted approximately 20 thousand miles!

i'm sensing that's the case now with mine, quieter frontal noise, bit of a din from the rear, i'll know for sure when the rears give up the ghost, though that's looking maybe 12 months away.

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
driving style, drive like this :drive1::runaway: :brucelee::flag::cop: and pads get changed quick, drive like this [B)]:smoke: and they'll last longer :D, does sound slightly low though, have you had a 2nd opinion on whether they actually do need changing ?

Tell

Staff member
They had my back ones off at 20,000 or so but that was that they never worked correctly I reckon and messed up the back, then I had break judder, deformed etc etc etc. These ones are VW badged the other ones weren't and least they do apply correctly when you look at the wear.

jtmac

Hi Phil,

2nd opinion? no I just said 'uh?.... OK' before really thinking about. It wasn't the actual mileage per se, more that they had only outlasted the tyres by a month.

Not certain that I drive like :drive1: :runaway: :brucelee: :cop:

Might have to keep an eye on these tyres and pads. Hope my altea isn't one of the ones with an infamous rear-end problem. (ooh-er).