First mods fitted to my car ( Very cheap and highly recomended)

Beasley

Apr 18, 2006
Fitted my first couple of mods at the weekend, the Fabia rear wiper and sunglasses holder. Below are the order numbers and prices paid.

From Skoda dealer

6Y9955707A Fabia estate wiper arm £10.19
6Y0955425 Fabia estate wiper blade £3.46
6Y6955435 Fabia hatch wiper cover £1.54

£15.19 + vat
£17.85 Total

Fantastic mod, not only looks good but also works far better than the original one.

From VW dealer

1J0857455Y20 Sunglasses Holder (Grey) £19.72 inc vat

Not bad although doesn't fully shut when the glasses are inside it and my glasses aren't that big. Although still very worthwhile fitting. [B)]

Last edited:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Next cheapo mods - dog bone mount and a short shifter.

Then, you have to get a remap...

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
To tidy up the rear end even more, get a Honda Civic aerial off eBay for under a tenner, looks much better than the stock one.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Feel is the dog bone mount mod very noticeable?

Yes - in short it seems to de-sensitise the TCS, gives you better off the line traction although it does give a little more vibration through the car but after a couple of months that seems to be disappearing, either that or i'm used to it. You'll only really notice it at tickover when the car is cold.

If you're going to fit a short shifter, it's reccomended you fit the upgrated dogbone mount otherwise you may experience gear selection issues because the box has too much movement on the stock mount :)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
ill be able to reply on this soon, getting my EIP and dogbone bushes fitted at the same time

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
ill be able to reply on this soon, getting my EIP and dogbone bushes fitted at the same time

how much you paying for that matey?
buying the whole unit is a waste,just fit the bushes to the existing mount an re fit.bought mine from forge for cica 15 quid.

paul26982

dog bone mount - always a big debate, do you go for full kit or just the bushes, i still havnt decided months on

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
how much you paying for that matey?
buying the whole unit is a waste,just fit the bushes to the existing mount an re fit.bought mine from forge for cica 15 quid.

just bushes at the mo
its being done at the same time as upper and lower front braces @ awesome a week today

Beasley

Apr 18, 2006
To tidy up the rear end even more, get a Honda Civic aerial off eBay for under a tenner, looks much better than the stock one.

Funny you should say that, I had one in the post from ebay unused from the seller. It arrived today still sealed in its packaging.
Part no was 39151-S9A-EO1 £8.00 inc p&p bargain :D .

Found the existing aerial easy to take off following a search of other posts on the subject. The new aerial didn't fit like some others have found until I trimmed some off the bottom. Ok it doesn't fit flush to the base like the S2000 US version I believe but it's not that noticeable.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Not my fault - I document the mods - not come up with them. :D
Leave that to the pro's - i just copy and type ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.