Fitted new coil packs - NOW FIXED! :)

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
I wonder if someone can help me/make any sense of this.

To start with the whole story:
In september I took my car off the road for 2 and 1/2 months, while I took off my manifold, KO3S, TIP, Full turbo back exhaust system, while I sourced GT28 Parts. While it was off the road, I have taken out the secondary air pump system and blanked it off, Taken out the N112 and N249 valves and carbon canister and put in required resistors.

Spec now (fitted parts):

New SEAT 3" MAF
Revo stage 3
Walbro pump (in bay, next to rocker cover)
with USRT wiring loom
4bar fpr (from before)
GT2860 Turbo
Custom 3" Snakehead DP and Full exhaust

I have been running the car since its been back on the road at actuator pressure (until i get an apexi), but the map is setup for about 18 or 19psi. My car has had intermittent misfires, since a couple of weeks after it was back on the road.

To rectify this the first thing that was changed was the (new SEAT): pre cat lambda sensor as it was throwing a code on vagcom for that and then the car seemed ok for maybe a week. Had'nt drove it for a couple of days then, the other night there I was out in it, let everything warm up. Then as it was coming ON boost it would misfire, logged misfires on vagcom, the more the revs went up the more it cleared at the top end. Anyway did a few full throttle logs (which i can post up if needed).

It got worse as testing went on, then decided to go get some food, driving normally it started hicupping, then died at a set of lights. All the way home I struggled to get over 20mph.
so i figured coilpacks so 4x new 'R' part number coils fitted them with new plugs BKR7E NGK plugs. Car feels good when cold, as soon as the coolant temp gauge starts to move as the engine is warming up its starts Misfiring and overfueling like F***. As it goes to 90deg it starts cutting out.

If I take the vacumm hose off the fuel pressure reg, it runs a bit better.

(for reference there is no N75 running and I have blanked of the pipe underneath the inlet, and on the throttle body with bolts)

Any Ideas?

Any help much appreciated.

Scott.

Last edited:

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Any codes for the other lambda or maf?

Are you running the same fpr, injectors and maf as it was mapped for?

Also have you got wideband and boost gauge so you know what they are doing?

Last edited:

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Crap! I never knew that, I figured BT would require 4bar pressure. I had 4 bar on KO3S. That must be my problem, too much fuel!

Could I have done any engine damage Alex?

Cheers

Last edited:

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Do i need to take pressure out the rail or are FPRs just a really tight fit. It just popped in the last time? It won't go in.

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Actually no, It runs much smoother, and does'nt want to cut out anymore. But coming on boost about 3K revs it misfires its head off.

Traction control light sayed on after a while..... Does that mean Air flow meter is dead? Its only about a month or 2 old, guess they can go at anytime though.

When I checked tonight after a run, Fault codes were, Random misfires, Cyl 2 misfire and cyl 4 misfire.

Coil packs and plugs are a day old.

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Its a 3" MAF from a leon cupra R 06A906461MX part number, bought it new from my work at SEAT.

It happens in all Gears yeh.

How do I check if they are shorting, if they look ok? My Rocker cover is painted, could that stop the earth wire from that loom earthing?

Cheers

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Ok I can do that.

Out of intrest whats the reason for this? Is the element different and just reads differently for a different ECU?

Cheers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.