Fitting a new Horn?

Drew18 FR

Aug 10, 2008
North East Scotland
Hey guys,
Anyone fitted a horn into their MK2? Is it difficult? Dont know if im the only one but Its about the only thing I really dont like about my leon, im actually scared to press the horn incase I get laughed at :redface: I was looking at a stebel nautilus horn (139 decibels:whistle:) would it be possible to fit? Thanks,

Drew.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Yep, easy, just 2 wires to connect.

Just so you know, the FR comes with twin tone horns. 2 horns, one high tone and one low tone. One each side behind the fog lights. Maybe you should look into an OEM conversion as the wiring loom for the second horn is prob just tucked up behind the other fog light.

Drew18 FR

Aug 10, 2008
North East Scotland
Yep, easy, just 2 wires to connect.

Just so you know, the FR comes with twin tone horns. 2 horns, one high tone and one low tone. One each side behind the fog lights. Maybe you should look into an OEM conversion as the wiring loom for the second horn is prob just tucked up behind the other fog light.

Is there different OEM horns to choose from? so if i went for a different horn it would work properly?

bbob

Sep 28, 2004
My 57 plate FR has a very loud horn of a decent pitch not like most jap cars i've driven. Maybe your high or low isn't working or maybe Seat changed something on different year cars?

Drew18 FR

Aug 10, 2008
North East Scotland
Mine is a 57 plate FR too so looks like it could just be my low tone isnt working! But if its easy to fit a new one I will prob just do that as the one im looking at on ebay is £21 and sounds alot better. :)

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi Drew18 FR funny enough mine stopped working on one side on my fr a while back so just went to a single horn . Dealer replaced under warranty no probs they said fairly common fault as water can sometimes enter in might be worth a check at your dealer, as been perfect now.;)

Drew18 FR

Aug 10, 2008
North East Scotland
Hi Drew18 FR funny enough mine stopped working on one side on my fr a while back so just went to a single horn . Dealer replaced under warranty no probs they said fairly common fault as water can sometimes enter in might be worth a check at your dealer, as been perfect now.;)

Yea iv got a few other warranty issues to talk to my dealer about so I will c what they say next time i'm in, good to know that they accept it as a common fault tho :) thanks mate.

Drew.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise