Fitting a spoiler..

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Well I got my spoiler all painted but was wondering the best way to fix it on. The guy in the body shop suggested I bolt it on.. But I don't really fancy drilling through the back. I would have left my car with him for him to do it, but I need it for work at the moment and can't deal without it..

Would Sikaflex 221 do if I bonded it with that and left it a while before I drove it? Don't really want it coming off in the road! How did everyone else get theirs on?

Andy

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
When I fitted my side skirts they came with the bonding stuff. I'm also thinking of getting a spoiler and fitting it so assumed it came with the tubes of adhesive.

I've also heard from a few people that windscreen bonding adhesive works well as it hardens/bonds faster.

There should be no drilling required to fit the spoiler.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Going by the design of the spoiler, the manufacturer prob wants u to bolt it on. Seat seem to have bonded it on to save them more work tbh.

my one came on the car and i've already had it rebonded due to it flexing and coming loose.

Xe

rs003.jpg

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Haha.. Nice pic! :D

I don't have the Seat standard spoiler, mine is just a little lip one. There aren't any bolt holes with it so might just Sikaflex it and see how it goes!

Heres a pic..

Spoiler.jpg

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire

I don't have the Seat standard spoiler, mine is just a little lip one. There aren't any bolt holes with it so might just Sikaflex it and see how it goes!

Heres a pic..

Spoiler.jpg

Do you have a link for the motordrome spoiler? I can't find it on Ebay anymore.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Yea fancy getting a spoiler for my mk2 FR aswell. Want to get side skirts aswell but not sure if they will look wrong on an FR. Anyone got a pic of some skirts on the FR please.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Well I got it fitted this morning. Has been bonding for a good few hours now and I'm not going to drive her till tomorrow at the earliest.

Here are some pics..

Spoiler1.jpg

Spoiler2.jpg

Spoiler3.jpg

Am happy with how it looks.. Just need to polish it up a bit and pick off a few bits of Sikaflex that have seeped round the edges! :)

Formula~Racing

Looks good!!
I have the one that belongs to the aero kit and, also bonded, no holes or bolts.
That thing will never get off again from there for sure and looks just great.

Coolbefore

Heres a pic..

Great stuff! I like this spoiler more than Seat original one. Can you tell where you got it from? Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.