Fitting battery harness: Anything to know first?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Bought a new positive battery harness as the clamp on mine is broken so it doesn't stay affixed to the battery terminal. The lead turned up today and I'm going to get it fitted this week, but wondered if there's anything I should know first? I figure just fully disconnecting the battery should be enough, should it not? Do I need any particular greases or anything for example?

Thanks guys

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Make sure you remove negative then positive and when replaced you fit the positive then the negative. Have your stereo code ready and you could use a smear of cooper grease if you wanted to.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
you can get some specific greases to run over the terminals to prevent oxidisation but i usually just brush on some normal or copper grease to be honest

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Got the radio code :lol: Needed it after the first time I disconnected the battery, but the car didn't come with it, so I had to pay to get it unlocked. Because the lead gets disconnected easily at the moment I find myself keying it in every couple of weeks, hence why I needed this new harness!

Thanks for the tips BTW, much appreciated