Fitting Bluetooth

Craigc

Dec 9, 2004
Edinburgh
Hi, not been on here for a while !

My wife is getting an Ibiza FR and I was wondering how hard it is to remove the stereo ? I have fitted a parrot kit before to my old Leon and it was excellent has anyone fitted something similar to the Ibiza ?

Silent Shark

Apr 3, 2010
I installed a Parrot Mki9200 in my Ibiza last week (with help from a friend).

It was relatively simple. The most difficult parts were removing the fascia (we used trim tools to prize most of it off, but we couldn't get the top 2 tabs to release. We managed to lift up the fascia and unscrew the headunit with those clips still in, so it didn't cause us too much trouble) and getting an ignition feed, which we took from the cigarette lighter/power socket.

We had to make up some wiring to allow the cars Aux In to still work. We wired in the Mute to the designated pin, but it seems to have no effect. There was plenty of room behind the stereo through some holes for the box and all the wiring to be stowed.

All in all, it was fairly easy. If you've done it before as you say, and you or someone you know has some basic electronics skills, then it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

The Parrot kit is very good. It plays music off my USB stick fine, and we had it connected to an iPhone and it all worked very nicely. When driving it seems to lack a bit of Bass. Tweaking the audio settings helps. It's not a big deal for me anyway.

I can't comment on call quality because I can't get my own phone to work with the kit :( .

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2009
Tbh! I went for a those cheap Bluetooth louder speakers! Pretty good for the price if u don't talk much while driving! I bought jabra cruiser. Can connect to stereo via FM transmitter. pretty clear and if ur phone has voice dialling it works!

JonnyT30

Jul 18, 2009
Got to fit my parrot to mine in the next couple of days. How come you took a supply from the power socket, does the standard loom not supply both permanent live and switched live?

Kolobok_4

does the parrot unit allow control of the phone and music through the built in head unit, or is there an additional pad of some sort that needs to be installed somewhere on the dash?

Silent Shark

Apr 3, 2010
Got to fit my parrot to mine in the next couple of days. How come you took a supply from the power socket, does the standard loom not supply both permanent live and switched live?
The quadlock connector going into the headunit has a permanent live only. (My car is a MY 2010. Things might have changed, but I doubt it)
does the parrot unit allow control of the phone and music through the built in head unit, or is there an additional pad of some sort that needs to be installed somewhere on the dash?
The Parrot completely bypasses the headunit (it doesn't have to be switched on). With the correct SOT cable (Autoleads SOT-976 is the one I bought), the headunit will continue to work, with the Parrot only cutting in if it has been told to play something, or it's reading out its menu options. Some additional work may be needed to get the cars Aux-In socket to work, as it's not included in the SOT lead I bought. The Parrot has it's own Aux-In if you don't feel it necessary to reconnect the original. There is an additional remote control pad to operate the Parrot, although I belive you can buy the Parrot UNIKA kit, which will allow you to use the steering wheel controls. It's not cheap though, so I haven't bothered.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members