fixed the rear rattle

JAFFA

Jul 1, 2006
TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE
i was gettin really fed up with the rattle comin from the boot so i sat my friend in the boot to find out where it was comin from. After about 1/2 hour tryin to get the cover of the rear wiper/locks ect.. i found it was the little bit of tube that connects the boot handle to the lock bit so i put an elastic band between the 2 tubes and it doesn't rattle anymore. :) :) :) :) :)

peace and quiet at last......

JAFFA

Jul 1, 2006
TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE
2 screws in the little handles then tried pullin and it didnt work so i took back lights out and you can see some of the clips squeased the clips together the 4 i could see then i pulled and it came off eventually only broke 1 out of the 8 was only 1 of the middle 1's so didn't really matter

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
Mine had the same rattle - blob of thick grease at each end of the rod sorted it on mine.

Another tip for removing the trim is to buy the Golf 01-03 Haynes manual - it contains a diagram that shows you where all the clips are. It is not easy to get them all back on...

Simon.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Yes i have it too and its driving me crazy :censored:

Never found the cause but this sounds promising:)

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
Sounds like a very light metallic rattle, like a loose screw or bracket. It's the rod that releases the boot catch when you lift the handle up - it runs vertically down from the handle. It rattles because the plastic joints have worn/worked loose.

Simon.

Stuarty117

Jul 30, 2015
Very glad i found this thread!

Removed the boot trim yesterday and located the rattling metal rod, was thinking an elastic band would do the job but might try the thick grease first as theres less chance of it failing after i put the trim back on

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.