NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
Had the car about a month now and it's developed a very annoying vibrating rattle. It happens over rough road surfaces and also when the engine hits about 2200-2300rpm. It's driving me insane :(

Just had a drive around pressing down on bits of the dash and the trim around the vents to see of it made any difference, which it didn't seem to.

It sounds like its coming from behind the left and right air vents. I've read a few other threads that suggest it might be a dash out job to access the ducting behind them, but I have a horrible feeling that if a dealer has it out it'll end up with more interesting noises than it has now.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, slightly gutted as the car is so new :( I might have a trip to the dealers tomorrow...

(and yes I've tried turning the stereo up ;))

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
i have a rattle on mine and it's the speedo dial just touching the surround, because if you press the dial it goes away, mine seems to do it when the engine is at low revs and under a bit of load.

jamie

NinjaPirateUK

Sep 7, 2009
Been to the dealers this morning, they want the car for two days to sort it. Apparently rattles are only covered on the warranty for the first 6 months, which seemed a little strange, so it might be worth booking yours in if that's the case.

jaykicksass

Jun 11, 2009
devon
oh right thanks for that i will have to give them a ring on monday as i think my car is over 6 months now:(

jamie

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Been to the dealers this morning, they want the car for two days to sort it. Apparently rattles are only covered on the warranty for the first 6 months, which seemed a little strange, so it might be worth booking yours in if that's the case.

Rattles are covered for the full 36month warranty unless people on here no different? A rattle will be caused by a defective part so covered???

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I had a rattle which came at about 70mph on the motorway (which was an arse because most of my driving is motorway!). It sounded like it was coming from the dash and so I told the dealers. They stripped the dash and couldn't find anything! After taking it out for a test run they deduced it was coming from a floor panel on the passenger side - they stripped it, padded it out and was fine since! :) (all under warranty btw)

jaykicksass

Jun 11, 2009
devon
Rigth I will have to contact my dealer then, because mine does it around town, say doing 30 in 4th gear, it just annoys the hell out of me.

Jamie

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
dont listen to the dealers, they will do anything to get out of doing that kind of work. I was told the same with my old ibiza and after contacting seat direct I finally got it fixed and they confirmed it is all done under the warranty

NinjaPirateUK

Sep 7, 2009
I went in to see them and took a guy from the service department for a run out to demonstrate the rattle.

As for the 6 month thing I did view it with a bit of scepticism, although the guy seemed convinced that was the case. :shrug:

NinjaPirateUK

Sep 7, 2009
Took the car to the dealers on Thursday and was told they couldn't work on it because there was no warranty showing on the system. I took the morning off work to get it dropped off so I wasn't happy to say the least. Surely the fact that the car is a facelift model is proof enough there's a warranty.

I'm waiting for a call back from them saying that they have 'found' the details at the moment so I can arrange another date for it to go in. The dealer I bought the car from has been helping to get the mess sorted out and have been great (as they were all though the buying process) which is more than I can say for GK at the moment [:@]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members