Flatblade wipers - forward visibility

Hangten

Hi

Has anyone fitted "flatblade" wipers to a Mk2?

If so, does it give better visibilty to the front extremities of your car?

My wife is battling with judging the front nearside corner of the car.

I guess another question is; is it possible to fit a seat frame from another car that has a better height adjustment method?

Thanks
Rich

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ibiza seats seem way too high to me as it is

flat blades are fine that i have noticed and dont get in the way that i can see

is it where they wipe ? or just where they sit that causes problems ?

Hangten

is it where they wipe ? or just where they sit that causes problems ?

Fl@pper

It's where they sit that causes the problem because they obscure the view of the front offside of the bonnet which makes it difficult to judge distances from objects (other cars & things!!)

Any ideas welcome!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
she should have a good enough idea where the front end is how close does she get to things???????!!!!!!

Dont swap the seats as the standard seats are as high as the adjustables go so you'll gain nothing

Mckellar

i misread it at first.

your missus cant see the front end of her bonnet because of the wipers? the ibiza interior u sit so high up as it is, nevermind when you lower them.

You could put a cushion on her seat, but thats illegal i think, law states she will need a booster seat lol

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Fl@pper - It's where they sit that causes the problem because they obscure the view of the front offside of the bonnet which makes it difficult to judge distances from objects (other cars & things!!) Any ideas welcome!
just checked mine i see what you mean - large blade sits quite high on the os

you could make the os smaller and the ns longer but then you are limited due to the arm length of the ns blade so not ideal and will only gain mm at most

another option possible maybe is a single wiper conversion - theres a few that are central parking (middle of screen) but i fear the low park ones fit OS so back to square one - worth a check though

saying that with a bit of cleverness and using a second hand wiper rack make your own that parked and ran whatever way you want - never bought one in my life always modded the original

*edit*

another option worth looking at :clap:

Last edited:

SofaGeeza

*I'M FEMALE!!!!*
Nov 4, 2007
Somerset
I have sparco flatblades and i can see alright (i could see with normal ones too though) also found the other day, when my wipers decided to die on rainy eve on motorway, that when i fixed them (bolt had just come off somehow :confused:) that i lowered them down a bit and now they sit slightly lower than they were so that may help your wife??

G223

Dec 6, 2007
i dont mean to offend you or your wife, but mabey she should learn to judge distances, im short and i cant see the end of the bonnet atall lol no matter where my wipers are lol and ive never been able to see the edge of the bonnet on any car ive driven....ever, and ive never managed to drive into anyone on the roads or parking or anything, i did in field cars into other field cars but even then it was intentional

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
You haven't actually killed a woman recently have you? Divorce maybe? Haha!

I am one,but let's be truthful so many are shite drivers!!! I feel for her but i would have to kill my husband if he put on the web for all to see that i couldn't judge my car!!! No offence intended......:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.