Flip Key

Andy The Bubble

Andy The Bubble
Mar 1, 2004
London/Birmingham
Visit site
I have got a hold of a VW flip key. Obviously I have to change the blade. But apart from that should it be compartble.

(My car also has remote central locking), So i would also need to get this and the transponder programmed

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
change the blade for one cut to suit (hope yours is a late one)

remove the chip and refit your original one to start it

and as for programming the remote - you'll need to replace the internals as they run at a different frequency

not impossible - but not a plug n play job

Cracking idea mind :p

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
look at the mk3 section, there is a lot informations ....

1. remove the badge
2. under there is a small screw
3. remove the transmiter
4. put the transmitter from your old oryinal key

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
the immobiliser part is either a small black chip about 5mm*10mm/3mm or a small glass tube about 10mm long and 3mm diameter

that bit only works the immobiliser in a passive fashion (needs no power/control just be within range of the column on starting)

the remote (locking) section is the hard (poss) bit as it needs to be modified to suit the later key - but not impossible

the blade can be cut short and some drilling/pinning is easy to adapt

NOTE:

sounds daft but hook the flip key to ya keyring for a week as they are a pain in the pocket imho and the mk2 column doesnt lend itself too well to a heavier/longer key really

have a good look at it before you dive in - nice gadget but not really a must have mod

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
mine works perfect too all i did is get a alhambra key and a new blade cut, Runs on a 433.92 frequency

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.