FM225IND guide

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Hi there

I thougt of replacing the original induction with the forge/logpro/whatever there are out there

But is there a guide somewhere, so I can see how difficult it is?
Is it easy to replace? I've changed the DV myself.

Is it a must to get underneath the car?

Best regards

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The standard intake is very easy to work with (on the LCR), its all at the right hand side of the engine.
The BMC CDA kit is very easy to fit. the kit just bolts up to the MAF and is run from there to the back of the passengers side light. The support for this is off of the suspension turret

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
its easy enough to do as long as you're competent with a screw driver. you don't need to get under the car but its easier if you remove the airbox and MAF as you have to undo them anyway. the hardest part for me was undoing the jubilee clip at the turbo end but it wasn't too difficult.

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Sounds good then. I have to change the filter to an Bmc cda. The main reason for changeing the induction is that I can cut 2-3 cm of the silicone piece and get more room on the right side(I bought the sp-12).

Didnt realize that I actually could to this from the bonnet side. I guess the turbo isnt that far away as I tought.

/Best regards

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Just looked in the engine bay today. It seems like the servo fluid container will be a pain in the ass under the change!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Your engine bay must be totally different to the LCR one then
Which model is your car again?
On the LCR there is nothing obscuring the induction and the brake reservior is at the other side

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
you go in from the airfilter side to get to the cold side of the turbo. when you get your TIP offer it up under the bonnet against your original. then you'll see exactly what needs to be done to fit it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.